Peanut Butter Jelly Tofu? Yes, you're reading that right - and hear me out: this tofu recipe is blummin' gorgeous!
It's salty sweet with caramelized, glazed edges and oh-my-god-delicious! Totally next level comfort food, I can tell ya, so don't be confused by the name and just try it for yourself!
Use a clear shot of the ingredients for this recipe, prepped, and labeled if necessary. Insert the ingredients into the list below, omitting quantities.
- Tofu - I like to use extra firm tofu for this recipe
- Spice Rub - for the tofu spice rub we're using smoked paprika powder, brown sugar, onion powder, salt & black pepper
- Glaze - the glaze is made of raspberry jam, apple juice & apple cider vinegar
- Peanut Butter Sauce - The finished tofu is drizzled in a delicious, simply peanut sauce made with smooth peanut butter, apple juice and apple cider vinegar
See recipe card for quantities.
The tofu is simply delicious, so if you manage to not eat it all straight from the pan (I'm definitely guilty of this 😂), then serve it up with basmati rice or top it onto Peanut Noodles!
More Tofu Recipes
If you've got any tofu left over from this recipe, try one of these tasty tofu dishes:
If - like me - you love Pinterest, you can find me here & if you like, you can pin any of the images on this page to your boards 😊
PBJ Glazed Tofu
- 400 g extra firm tofu
- 2-3 tbsp cornstarch
- sesame or peanut oil for frying
For the tofu rub:
- 2 tbsp sesame or peanut oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the glaze:
- 50 g raspberry jam
- 25 ml apple juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
For the sauce:
- 100 g peanut butter
- 100 ml apple juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari soya sauce
- Press the tofu for 10-15 minutes to remove any excess water.
- Break the tofu into bite-size pieces with your hands. The uneven shapes from using your hands will create deiiciously crispy tofu edges later on.
- Mix the ingredients for the spice rub and toss the tofu in the rub to evenly coat. In the meantime, heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Coat the tofu in the cornstarch, then pan-fry it until crispy on all sides. Carefully flip the tofu with chopsticks for each handling.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze and pour the glaze into the pan.
- Evenly coat the tofu and remove from the heat once the glaze thickens.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the peanut sauce, then serve the tofu on rice or noodles and drizzled with the sauce. Enjoy!
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without prior permission. If you wish to re-publish this recipe, please get in touch via email. Thank you so much for supporting romylondonuk.com!