Deliciously creamy, sweet, and non-slimy: this Easy Homemade Oat Milk (Gluten Free) is the perfect dairy-free milk alternative for your breakfast cereal, smoothies or simply enjoy as a drink on its own. Easy oat milk recipe to make at home and no complicated equipment or ingredients required.
- 750ml water (3 cups)
- 85g gluten free rolled oats (2/3 cup)
- 3 soft Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or 1/4 tsp vanilla powder)
- Prepare all your ingredients and set out all of the equipment that you will be using.
- Place all ingredients apart from the oats into a high-speed blender. Add the oats last, then instantly blend at the highest speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour the oat milk through a nut milk bag to filter out the pulp right away, when the 30-second blend finishes.
- Transfer to an airtight container and keep your oat milk in the fridge.
It’s normal that your oat milk separates when it’s standing for a longer period of time – it’s a sign of only natural ingredients being used in the oat milk recipe. Simply give it a shake before using it.
You can freeze your oat milk, check the oat milk FAQ for more information.
The nutritional details below have been calculated for the resulting dairy-free milk plus leftover pulp. The majority of the calories are in the pulp, so if you’re only drinking the milk, it will be considerably less. As always I recommend making your own calculations based on the ingredients you have available.
- Serving Size: 250 ml
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 16.1
- Sodium: 10.4mg
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0.7
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 56.8
- Fiber: 7.5
- Protein: 7.5
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: homemade oat milk, oat milk recipe, dairy free milk, non dairy milk, dairy free milk recipe, gluten free oat milk, easy oat milk recipe,