These wonderful edible ice cream cups are made from delicious, homemade churros! Less complicated than you may think – and oh-so-yummy!
For the churro bowls
- 250ml water
- 110g vegan margarine (unsalted)
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (or extract)
- 200g all purpose flour
- 3 flax eggs (3 Tbsp milled flax seeds + 3 Tbsp water)
- Rapeseed oil spray for greasing
For the coating
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 70g granulated sugar (or alternative)
For the topping
- Vegan Ice Cream
- Vegan syrup
- Puffed quinoa or nuts
- Preheat your oven to 190C, flip a muffin tray upside down and grease every other cavity of your muffin tray.
- Prepare your flax eggs and set them aside for 10 minutes prior to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and vanilla powder (if you’re using vanilla extract instead, then add it in step 4).
- In a saucepan, heat the water, vegan margarine, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt and stir until the margarine is fully melted and sugar dissolved. Bring to a boil, then add it to the vanilla/flour mixture immediately.
- Stir with a spatula and add in your flax eggs. Mix until everything is fully incorporated, then transfer the dough into a large piping bag with a star shaped nozzle.
- Starting at the bottom, pipe the dough around every other muffin cups. Be sure to pipe them right onto the row below, slightly pressing into the lower row to avoid any cracks in your churro bowls. Spray the piped cups with a little rapeseed oil, then bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool down for 20 minutes before removing them from the muffin tray.
- Combine the remaining granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and toss your churro cups in the mixture, then plate them and add a scoop of ice cream alongside raspberries, nuts and syrup. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan churros, vegan churro cups, churro cups, edible ice cream cups, vegan ice cream cups, vegan churro ice cream cups