Get ready to enjoy the divine blend of creamy luxury with these No Bake Vegan Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites! These indulgent, bite-size treats come with a velvety vegan cheesecake filling that is made using vegan cream cheese, condensed oat milk and dark chocolate chips, alongside a buttery biscuit crust, that makes this recipe an instant favourite.
These chocolate chip cheesecake bites are perfect as a personal treat after a long day or as a dessert for your next dinner party, with an exciting symphony of textures that will have everyone yearning for more!
This blog post has kindly been sponsored by Nature's Charm.
❤️ What's Great About This Recipe
- It's vegan!
- It's a no-bake cheesecake recipe that's also hassle-free to prepare
- These bite-sized treats are perfectly portioned
- Sweetened condensed oat milk adds a wonderful creaminess and a subtly sweet flavor to the chocolate chip cheesecake
- It's easy to make gluten-free by using gluten-free biscuits in the base and swapping the oat milk products to the equivalent coconut products from Nature's Charm
- They're a perfect treat for any occasion including Valentine's Day! And whilst you're at it, you might also want to surprise a loved one with some freshly baked Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes or a slice of heavenly Vegan Chocolate Tart 💕
🌱 Ingredients & Notes
Here is everything you need for this recipe:
- Biscuits - vegan chocolate biscuits, crushed into fine crumbs. I used Mr Organic.
- Oats - use rolled oats or oat flour
- Butter - melted unsalted vegan butter
For the cheesecake mix:
- Cream Cheese - neutral, unflavored vegan cream cheese. I used vegan Philadelphia cream cheese. Opt for high-quality vegan cream cheese for a smoother texture.
- Condensed Milk - I used Sweetened Condensed Oat Milk from Nature's Charm which is vegan-friendly
- Evaporated Milk - I used Evaporated Oat Milk from Nature's Charm
- Sugar - granulated sugar. Adjust sweetness by varying the sugar quantity according to your taste preferences.
- Vanilla - use a high-quality pure vanilla extract
- Cornstarch - to thicken the cheesecake mix
- Chocolate Chips - I used dairy-free dark chocolate chips
For the topping:
- Chocolate - dark chocolate or dairy-free milk chocolate
- Condensed Oat Milk - from Nature's Charm, the same as used in the filling
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post for detailed quantities and measurements.
In case you don't have everything to hand or want to give your cheesecake bites a twist, here a few ideas and notes for possible substitutions:
- Gluten Free - For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free vegan biscuits for the crust.
- Butter - Replace vegan butter with coconut oil or vegan margarine in the crust if desired.
- Condensed Milk & Evaporated Milk - You can substitute the oat milk versions with Coconut Condensed Milk and Coconut Evaporated Milk from Nature's Charm.
🧑🍳 Instructions (Step-by-Step)
Simply follow these steps to create your vegan chocolate chip cheesecake bites at home:
Step 1 - Combine crushed biscuits, oats and melted butter.
Step 2 - Press the mix into the dessert rings.
Step 3 - Blend vegan cream cheese with sweetened condensed oat milk, evaporated oat milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and cornstarch until smooth.
Step 4 - Gently fold in dairy-free chocolate chips into the cheesecake mixture.
Step 5 - Spoon the filling onto the prepared crusts, smooth the tops, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Step 6 - Carefully remove dessert rings or muffin cases before serving. Make the topping by melting dairy-free chocolate chips and sweetened condensed oat milk. Drizzle over chilled cheesecake bites & decorate them to your liking
These vegan cheesecake bites are best served chilled for the best flavor and texture.
Additionally, you can add fresh berries, mint leaves or a dusting of cocoa powder for garnish - but that's totally up to you. They are perfectly delicious on their own!
Store leftover cheesecake bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
💡 Expert Tips & Tricks
Here are a few extra tips for you to make sure the recipe is a full success:
- Grease the dessert rings with coconut oil or vegan butter and line the rings with parchment paper. This will help in removing the cheesecake later without damaging its shape. Make sure the paper extends beyond the top of the ring for easy removal. and cut the paper to length to avoid any crinkles on your cheesecakes.
- Chill the crust - Press the biscuit and oat mixture firmly into the bottom of each dessert ring. Place them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set before adding the cheesecake filling. This will help the crust hold its shape.
- Freezing the cheesecakes - Once the cheesecake mixture is added, freeze the dessert rings for a few hours or overnight. Freezing helps the cheesecake set firmly and makes it easier to remove the rings without damaging the shape.
- Remove the rings carefully - Before removing the rings, run a small knife or an offset spatula around the inside edges of the rings. Ensure the cheesecake bites are thoroughly chilled and set before removing from molds. Gently lift the cheesecake from the bottom using the extended parchment paper or acetate strips. Slowly and carefully slide the ring upward while supporting the cheesecake with your fingers. If using dessert rings, removing them might require some precision and patience, but it should result in beautifully shaped cheesecake bites.
- Alternative methods - If using dessert rings seems challenging, consider using silicone muffin molds or cupcake liners. Silicone molds are flexible and can be peeled away from the cheesecake easily. Cupcake liners can also work well; however, the edges might not be as smooth as using dessert rings or silicone molds.
❓ Recipe FAQs
Yes, these bites can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.
Absolutely! Experiment with various toppings such as fruit preserves, caramel sauce, or crushed nuts.
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!
Here's a handy recipe card that you can print out and keep in your kitchen for easy reference:
📖 Recipe Card
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites
- 1-2 mixing bowl
- 1 electric mixer
- 4 Dessert rings or muffin cases
- 1 Tray lined with parchment paper
- 1 spatula
- 1 Refrigerator
For the cheesecake crust:
- 1 cup vegan biscuits (90 g) crushed into fine crumbs
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (45 g)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (28 g) melted
For the chocolate chip cheesecake filling:
- 1.5 cups unflavoured vegan cream cheese (360 g)
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed oat milk (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup evaporated oat milk (60 ml)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (65 g)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (8 g)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (90 g)
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (45 g)
- 1 tbsp sweetened condensed oat milk (15 ml)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed vegan biscuits, rolled oats, and melted vegan butter. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the base of individual dessert rings or muffin cases to form the cheesecake crust. Place them on a tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- In a separate bowl, beat the vegan cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed oat milk, evaporated oat milk, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and cornstarch. Mix until thoroughly combined and creamy.
- Gently fold in the dairy-free chocolate chips into the cheesecake mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling onto the prepared crusts in the dessert rings or muffin cases, distributing it evenly among them. Smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Place the cheesecake bites in the refrigerator to chill and set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For the topping, melt the dairy-free chocolate chips and sweetened condensed oat milk together until smooth. Drizzle the topping over the chilled cheesecake bites.
- Carefully remove the dessert rings or muffin cases before serving.
- Ensure the melted butter is fully mixed with the crushed biscuits and oats to create a solid crust base.
- Use softened vegan cream cheese for easier blending and smoother filling consistency.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake bites for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results - this helps in setting and enhancing flavors.
- To achieve a neat drizzle for the topping, wait until the melted chocolate is slightly cooled before pouring over the chilled cheesecake bites.
- Serve these delightful treats chilled for a refreshing dessert experience.
© 2024 Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images, videos, wordings and content are copyright protected and belong to Romina Callwitz. Please do not use any of my content without prior permission. If you wish to re-publish any (part of my) content, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!