Vegan Falafel Curry Recipe - a delicious, healthy and completely homemade curry perfect for an easy and filling vegan dinner!
This easy falafel curry recipe is super easy to make and really tasty to eat, I'm sure it will soon be one of your favourite vegan/vegetarian recipes! It combines 2 of my favourite cuisines and it's simply a wonderful fusion for an easy midweek dinner.
I like to serve this vegan falafel curry alongside freshly cooked rice and top it with fresh coriander and sesame seeds for a little crunch. It's perfect to use up some extra falafel leftovers and can also be made in combination with store-bought falafels.
There are a couple of things you can easily swap out in this falafel curry recipe, depending on what you have available at home or easy access to.
- Gluten-free - The curry base of this recipe is naturally gluten-free, so in order to make the entire recipe coeliac friendly, opt-in for a gluten-free falafel alternative, or simply check out this naturally gluten free falafel recipe from the blog.
- Store-bought falafels - You can easily use ready-made store-bought falafels, e.g. Cauldron, in this recipe to save yourself having to make falafels from scratch. This recipe is also great for when you have too many falafels leftover from the day before and the perfect way to use up those leftovers!
- Spices - I personally love the ginger and garam masala combination for this super simple curry, but if you have a curry powder at home that needs using up, or that you particularly love the flavour of, then go for it! Either add it to the other spices or replace the ginger and garam masala with about 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Tomatoes - I like to use tomato puree, aka tomato concentrate in this recipe - however, if you have run out, you can also use either passata (add 1/2 cup) or tinned chopped tomatoes (add 3/4 cup). In both cases there will be more liquid in the curry sauce, so cook the sauce a little longer on low heat in order for the sauce to thicken.
- No ginger - Nothing better in a curry than the zing of fresh ginger! It's a worthy addition to this recipe if you ask me - however, if you have none to hand, simply add more ginger powder (add 1 tbsp) for the perfect zing, or replace it with a tablespoon of your favourite curry powder with a kick!
Step 1 - To start with, take a medium or large saucepan, add a splash of your rapeseed oil and put the pan on medium heat.
Step 2 - Once the oil is nice and hot, add your tomato puree, coconut milk, salt, ginger and garam masala and stir all your ingredients together, then leave to cook for about 8-10 minutes. Next, transfer your sauce to a blender and blitz until smooth.
Step 3 - Now that your curry sauce is nice and smooth, pour it back into the pan you were using before and add your falafels. Stir your curry gently for about 5 minutes and it should be done - I told you it was easy! 😉
All that's left to do is serve your curry. I like to have mine over rice with a sprinkle of fresh coriander, but you can have yours however you like!
To serve, you could make some fluffy basmati rice and spoon the curry over the top. Then, crumble some vegan feta cheese on top for a touch of creaminess and tanginess that would complement the spices in the curry. You could also sprinkle some chopped fresh cilantro or parsley on top for added freshness.
Here are some more delicious ideas to serve this Falafel Curry:
- alongside coconut rice or plain cooked rice
- topped with fresh coriander
- alongside a dollop of coconut yogurt
- with a sprinkle of seeds (e.g. sesame) on top for a little extra crunch
- with a fresh vegan naan bread on the side
- in a flatbread alongside hummus or chickpeas and fresh coriander
- with bakes potatoes or Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes so delicious and worth trying!
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- egg free
- super easy to make
- as healthy as it is delicious!
- full of flavour!
For more delicious dinner ideas that are inspired by curry dishes, try my Dum Aloo (Potato Curry) or my Creamy Butter Bean Curry! And if you love dhal, there are a Red Lentil Dhal and a Pumpkin Dhal on the blog 🙂
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!
Vegan Falafel Curry Recipe
- Heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the tomato puree, coconut milk, salt, ginger and garam masala. Stir and cook for 8/10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend till smooth.
- Pour the curry back to the pan and add the falafels. Gently stir and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Serve it with coriander and (if you like) rice. 😊
If you're looking for more delicious, healthy and easy to cook vegan dinners then I'm sure you'll love these recipes:
- Spicy Mango Salsa Lettuce Wraps
- Vegan Kale Caesar Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Vegan Pumpkin Risotto Recipe (Gluten Free)
- Vegan Peanut Noodles (My Favourite Recipe)
© 2024 Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images, videos, wordings and content are copyright protected and belong to Romina Callwitz. Please do not use any of my content without prior permission. If you wish to re-publish any (part of my) content, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!