Vegan Cinnamon Toast Crunch Recipe – Vegan Friendly and Dairy-Free, yet super crunchy and delicious cereal for the perfect vegan breakfast!
- 270g whole wheat flour (2 cups)
- 70g light brown sugar (1/3 cup)
- 2 flax eggs: 2 tbsp flax seeds (0.9oz) & 4 tbsp lukewarm water (2.1oz)
- 60g melted coconut oil (1/4 cup)
- 60ml plant milk (1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (0.2oz)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
For the coating:
- 2–3 tbsp light brown sugar (1.2-1.8oz) and 1 tsp cinnamon
- You will need 2 bowls for this recipe: In the first one combine all dry ingredients, in the second all the wet ingredients. By blending them separately first you can ensure that all ingredients are evenly spread throughout the dough.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and form a ball out of the dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- When the time has elapsed, preheat your oven to 170ºC. Remove the dough from the fridge and cut in half. Place one half in between a lightly flour-dusted baking sheet and the plastic wrap, then roll out as thin as you can. The wrap will prevent the dough from sticking to your rolling pin.
- Once done use a pizza cutter to cut vertical and horizontal lines across the dough to create the crunchy cinnamon squares. Coat with a mix of Splenda Granulated and Cinnamon and then off into the oven!
- Repeat with the second half of the dough and bake both for about 30 minutes. Keep checking back on it to make sure that the dough evenly crisps. If your oven is hotter on one corner than on the other (my old oven used to be like that!) then make sure to flip the baking tray around after half of the baking time.
- Remove from the oven when finished and let it cool down completely before you break the cereal into the pre-cut squares. Keep the cold cereal in a large air tight container – I used a huge mason jar.
- Serving Size: per bowl
- Calories: 322cal
- Sugar: 14.6g
- Sodium: 14.4mg
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated Fat: 8.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 48.8g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: breakfast cereal, vegan cereal, cinnamon toast crunch recipe, vegan cereal recipe