Are you a fan of cinnamon rolls and TikTok? Then you may have seen the viral recipe for cinnamon rolls made with heavy shipping cream, turning them into pastry chef-level cinnamon rolls that are super gooey and mouth-watering. This recipe for vegan TikTok cinnamon rolls is a vegan version inspired by the viral hack, and uses vegan-friendly store-bought cinnamon rolls, vegan butter and vegan double cream.
In this recipe blog post, you will find out everything you need, including easy step-by-instructions to make these delicious treats at home.
These delicious cinnamon rolls an easy and delicious treat that can be made with simple ingredients and minimal effort. The addition of vegan double cream provides the same richness and flavor as heavy cream, making these gooey cinnamon rolls just as indulgent as the original recipe.
What are the viral Tiktok Cinnamon Rolls?
The original TikTok cinnamon roll hack involves adding heavy whipping cream to canned cinnamon rolls, creating giant cinnamon rolls that are ooey-gooey and delicious. This viral trend has been shared by many TikTok users and has become a popular recipe on social media since.
This vegan version of the viral TikTok trend is just as delicious and easy to make!
What’s different in this vegan version
I’ve used an accidentally vegan-friendly brand for the rolls - using a ready-made can of cinnamon rolls, makes these the easiest cinnamon rolls with minimal effort!
Vegan cream is used instead of heavy cream to provide the same richness and flavor while keeping the recipe vegan-friendly. The same vegan cream is also used to create the sweet and spreadable frosting for the glaze.
Unsalted vegan butter is used instead of dairy butter to bring the sugar and cinnamon mixture together, that is poured on top of the rollls before baking.
Ingredients & Notes
Here are the ingredients needed for this vegan TikTok cinnamon rolls recipe:
For the cinnamon rolls:
- Store-bought cinnamon rolls - I’ve used Jusrol Cinnamon Swirls, which are a canned, store-bought cinnamon roll that is accidentally vegan!
- Vegan heavy cream - this is a type of cream that’s particularly thick and creamy. For this recipe it provides richness and flavor. Use double cream if you’re in the UK.
- Unsalted vegan butter - used to brown with sugar and cinnamon mixture. I like to use a brand called Flora.
- Brown sugar - used to create a sweet and gooey cinnamon mixture
- Cinnamon - use ground cinnamon to create a warm and comforting flavor
- Salt - we’re only using a very small amount to balance the sweetness of the brown sugar
For the glaze:
- Confectioner’s sugar - used to create a sweet and spreadable frosting. Use powdered sugar, if you’re in the UK
- Vegan cream - used to create the right consistency for the frosting. You can use the same type of vegan cream for both the cinnamon rolls and the frosting.
Find the full measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is the vegan double cream, which provides the same richness and flavor as heavy cream. The cinnamon mixture contains brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt, which gives the cinnamon rolls a warm and comforting flavor.
Here are some possible substitutions for this recipe:
- Substitute the Jusrol Cinnamon Swirls for homemade cinnamon roll dough or use a different brand of canned cinnamon rolls, like Pillsbury Grands, if Jusrol Cinnamon Swirls are not available.
- Use a different type of vegan butter, such as coconut oil or vegan margarine.
- Substitute the brown sugar for coconut sugar for a healthier option.
- Use vegan cream cheese for the glaze to make a cream cheese frosting.
Here is a list of equipment needed to make these TikTok cinnamon rolls:
- Oven dish
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Oven or air fryer
- Toothpick or knife for testing doneness
That's all you need to make these delicious cinnamon rolls at home!
Making these vegan TikTok cinnamon rolls is easy and requires only a few steps:
Open the can of Jusrol Cinnamon Swirls, slice them and place them in an oven dish.
Pour the vegan double cream over the cinnamon rolls.
Melt the unsalted vegan butter over low heat.
Mix with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
Pour the mix onto the cinnamon rolls.
Spread the mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the majority of the liquid has been soaked up by the rolls, then let them cool down for a few minutes. Cover in kitchen foil if needed.
In the meantime, mix the powdered sugar with vegan cream to create a thick but spreadable frosting. Spread the glaze over the cinnamon rolls and serve.
Useful tip: If you love the gooey, sugary goodness that collects at the bottom of the pan, then try making these cinnamon rolls in a greased casserole dish instead of a baking pan. The cinnamon mixture will have more surface area to spread out and caramelize, creating more of that delicious bottom-of-the-pan goodness.
How to Serve TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
These vegan TikTok cinnamon rolls are perfect as an indulgent vegan option for breakfast or brunch, or as a sweet snack!
Serve them warm or at room temperature, and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. For an extra indulgent treat, top the cinnamon rolls with vegan whipped cream or dairy-free ice cream.
While these gooey cinnamon rolls are delicious on their own, here are some more ideas to serving them:
- Drizzle with vegan caramel sauce for an extra indulgent treat.
- Top with chopped nuts or dried fruit for added texture and flavor.
- Enjoy them with a cup of hot chocolate or apple cider for a cozy fall treat.
How to Store
Store any leftover cinnamon rolls in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. To reheat, place them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, or in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 5-10 minutes.
Expert Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make sure that your vegan TikTok cinnamon rolls come out perfectly:
- Make sure to use vegan heavy cream to achieve the same level of richness and flavor as the original recipe.
- When mixing the vegan butter with brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt, do so over low heat to prevent burning.
- Be patient and allow the cinnamon rolls to soak up the majority of the liquid before removing them from the oven.
- Use a toothpick or knife to test the doneness of the cinnamon rolls. If the toothpick or knife comes out clean, the cinnamon rolls are ready.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool for a few minutes before adding the glaze to prevent it from melting and running off the rolls.
Tips for Baking in an Air Fryer
If you have an air fryer, you can make a lot of wonderful recipes in there like these next level cinnamon rolls (and even air fryer popcorn!).
Here are some tips for baking the rolls in an air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (180°C).
- Arrange the cinnamon rolls in a single layer in a heat proof pan that fits into the air fryer basket.
- Pour in the cream and add the cinnamon sugar mix on top.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Once done, remove the pan from the air fryer and let the cinnamon rolls cool down for 10 minutes before adding the glaze on top.
More Flavor Ideas
There are so many ways to make these vegan TikTok cinnamon rolls your own! Here are some delicious ideas:
- Add a sprinkle of nutmeg or cardamom to the cinnamon mixture for a more complex flavor.
- Use flavored vegan cream or milk, such as vanilla or almond, for a different flavor profile.
- Add chopped nuts or raisins to the filling for added texture or a delicious crunch!
- Add a splash of your favorite coffee creamer, like Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Creamer, to the glaze for an added boost of flavor.
- For a twist on the classic cinnamon flavor, try adding lemon to the glaze! Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of lemon zest to the powdered sugar and cream mixture for a bright and tangy glaze.
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!
📖 Recipe Card
TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
For the cinnamon rolls:
- 1 can Jusrol Cinnamon Swirls
- 1/2 cup vegan heavy cream (125 ml) or vegan double cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted vegan butter (60 g)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar (100 g)
- vegan heavy cream enough to create a thick but spreadable frosting
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6).
- Open the can of Jusrol Cinnamon Swirls, slice them into 6 cinnamon rolls and place them in an oven dish.
- Pour the heavy cream over the cinnamon rolls.
- Melt the unsalted butter over low heat and mix with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Spread the mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the majority of the liquid has been soaked up by the rolls. Cover in kitchen foil if needed.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, mix the sugar for the glaze with just enough vegan cream to create a thick but spreadable frosting.
- Once the cinnamon rolls are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Spread the glaze over the cinnamon rolls and you're ready to serve.
Make sure to print out a copy of this recipe card to keep in your recipe binder or to share with friends and family!
© 2024 Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images, videos, wordings and content are copyright protected and belong to Romina Callwitz. Please do not use any of my content without prior permission. If you wish to re-publish any (part of my) content, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!