This Vegan Teriyaki Sauce is so simple, you won’t believe it!
Oh and did i mention the Vegan Teriyaki Sauce is super delicious and borderline addictive too? ;P
I’ve recently been loving this sauce. It’s simply so versatile and so quick and easy to make, which makes it a super delicious, but low effort option for a quick vegan dinner.
The ingredients for this sauce are fairly simple:
- Tamari: using tamari instead of regular soy sauce makes the sauce gluten free, it adds the salty flavour to the teriyaki sauce
- maple syrup: this will wonderfully caramelise in the pan and add some sweetness to the salty soy sauce
- ginger & garlic: ideally use fresh produce, finely diced, they add a delicious flavour to the sauce as well as a light tang
- chilli: of course you can use fresh diced chilli, however I prefer chilli powder as I find it mixes better into the sauce. If you don’t like it spicy, just leave it out!
- cornflour: the cornflour will help thicken the sauce when heated up in the pan, ensuring it’ll perfectly stick to the rest of your ingredients and create that delicious teriyaki coating on your veggies & co.
What to serve with the Vegan Teriyaki Sauce
As I’ve already outlined – this sauce is perfect with a variety of different ingredients in so many combinations. I’ve found that both rice and noodles work perfectly.
For the bowl that you can see in these pictures I have combined the sauce with soya noodles, Oumph ‘The Chunk’ (which basically taste like vegan chicken style pieces), carrot and broccoli.
In general I think vegan chicken pieces add a great texture to a dish, so feel free to use your favourite chicken style replacement and serve your favourite stir fried veggies alongside.
This recipe is:
- sooooo easy!
- naturally gluten free (make sure to use Tamari)
- perfectly sticky
- the perfect spice
- tasty with rice or noodles
- perfect with vegan chicken
This vegan teriyaki sauce is super easy to make, delicious and versatile and goes perfectly with noodles, rice, vegetables and Co!
- 3 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 cm fresh ginger, diced
- 2 bulbs fresh garlic, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Add in the cornflour last and use a whisk to evenly dissolve it in the liquids.
- Prepare your favourite vegetables as you desire, than add the teriyaki sauce to a pan over medium heat alongside the rest of the ingredients.Continuously stir as the sauce begins to thicken and take if off the heat after a minute.
- Serve with rice or noodles, vegetables and your favourite vegan ‘chicken’ chunks (I love ‘The chunk’ from Oumph! the most!) and sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onions.
For this recipe I’ve first dusted the Oumph pieces in a little flour, then tried them crispy in a little toasted sesame oil before adding the teriyaki sauce. It creates delicious & crunchy pieces that taste fantastic alongside the vegan teriyaki sauce.
Keywords: vegan teriyaki sauce, vegan teriyaki, teriyaki bowl, teriyaki sauce
Looking for more delicious vegan dinner ideas? Check out these recipes here!