Crunchy and rustic vegan hazelnut macaroons recipe – German Style! These are a traditional Christmas bake in Germany, super nutty and delicious! Created with aquafaba and ground hazelnuts.
- 80g aquafaba (unsalted chickpea water, weight before whipping)
- 125g icing sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g ground hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C (360F).
- Place the chickpea water in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric hand mixer until it expands in size – for about 5-6 minutes – and forms stiff peaks.
- Continue to mix and add in the vanilla extract, pinch of salt, and the icing sugar in small batches.
- Once all combined, carefully fold in the ground hazelnuts.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment or a baking mat, then place the chunky batter onto the tray. Use 2 teaspoons to form little chunks – don’t worry about the shape, these biscuits are meant to be ‘rustic’. Leave 2-3cm space in between the macaroons.
- Transfer the baking tray to the oven and bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Keywords: Haselnussmakronen Rezept, Vegane Hazelnussmakronen, Vegan hazelnut macaroons recipe, German macaroons recipe, Vegan macaroons recipe