This simple recipe for these vegan chocolate samosas is perfect in more than one ways – as a snack, as a dessert, for breakfast or simply to wow your friends at your next vegan dinner party!
- 2 wholewheat tortilla wraps
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp vegan chocolate spread (I used Mr Organic!)
- a handful of strawberries (or your favourite fruits)
- 50g crushed hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- In a small bowl combine the flour and water until you get a sticky, glue-like mixture.
- Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to cut each tortilla wrap into 4 equal parts.
- Fold each quarter in the following way: with the tip pointing away from you, fold in the bottom right corner and brush the flour-glue onto the top, then fold him the bottom left corner to create a pocket. Repeat until all tortilla wrap quarters are used up.
- Fill each pocked with a spread of chocolate and freshly cut strawberries and about 1/4 tsp crushed hazelnuts.
- Close each pocket by brushing more of the flour mix onto the ‘lid’ and folding it down to close the pocket.
- Place in the oven at 180C for about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional) and more crushed hazelnuts and serve after a cooling period of 5-10 minutes.
Get creative! These sweet samosas are perfect for experimenting with different fillings! Apart from chocolate & strawberries, I personally love adding banana or peanut butter & raspberries – yum!
Keywords: samosas, vegan snacks, vegan chocolate