Super easy and stunning Vegan Red Velvet Pancakes Recipe - made with beetroot juice, these are perfect for a special breakfast treat!
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup beetroot juice
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (e.g. soy milk)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- A little coconut oil for frying
- Toppings of your choice
- Mix the plant-based milk with the apple cider vinegar and transfer the mixture to the fridge.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cacao powder into a large bowl. This will ensure that you will not have any clumps of flour or baking powder in your gorgeous creation. Add the pinch of salt to the mixture and roughly blend it in.
- Take the milk/apple cider vinegar mixture out of the fridge and add in the beetroot juice. Slowly add this mix to the dry ingredients. It is important that you blend all the liquids together before adding them to the dry ingredients to avoid clumps and uneven colouring of your pancakes. (It just makes it look much nicer in the end ;))
- After blending everything let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes and stomp the bowl on the kitchen counter a few times before adding a spoon full of mixture to a small pan. This will release any air and prevent air bubbles in your pancakes, so that they become smooth af.
- Next, take a spoon full of batter and put it on your frying pan on medium heat. Now simply cook until they're ready.
- Once your pancakes are ready, stack 'em and top them with the toppings of your choice! I chose Creme Fraîche from Oatly, some Granola from the Department of Breakfast, maple syrup and coconut/almond butter from Pip&Nut.
Keywords: vegan red velvet pancakes recipe, pink pancakes, vegan pink pancakes, pancakes recipe, vegan pancake recipe, red velvet pancakes, crepes recipe, vegan, crepes, pink