This tangy, sweet and spicy mango salsa is perfect served in a lettuce taco alongside delicious additions, such as vegan kebab pieces and co. Delicious as an addition to your next BBQ party and it brings a wonderfully summery feel to your feasting table!
- 450g mangos, finely diced
- ½ finely diced red onion, rinsed
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 green chili, finely diced
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 3–4 tbsp fresh mint
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
To serve (optional):
- 1 pack Pulled Oumph!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6–8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Vegan chili mayo or guacamole to serve (optional)
- Grilling the mango: To prepare the grilled mango salsa, slice off both halves of the mango around the stone. Leaving the skin on, score each mango piece in a criss-cross pattern and place it skin-down onto the hot BBQ grill.
- Preparation: In the meantime, prepare the remainder of your taco ingredients (according to packaging instructions), such as Pulled Oumph! chunks, if using.
- Assemble the salsa: To assemble the mango salsa, peel and cut the grilled mango into small cubes and add it to a large mixing bowl alongside the finely diced and rinsed red onion, red pepper, and green chilli.
- Make the dressing: Sprinkle in a handful of finely chopped fresh coriander and fresh mint, then combine the oil, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper in a small jug and drizzle it over the salsa. Mix well to evenly coat the salsa in the dressing.
- Assemble the tacos: Assemble your tacos by filling 1-2 tablespoons of the mango salsa into a lettuce leaf, top with 1-2 tablespoons of pulled Oumph! and finish off with a drizzle of chili mayo or guacamole to serve.
- This spicy mango salsa is delicious served alongside savoury foods, grilled additions being perfect! For this recipe, I’ve added pulled Oumph, which is a ‘pulled pork’-like texture and deliciously seasoned already, but feel free to get creative!
- You can create this mango salsa the day before you’re looking to serve. The dressing will wonderfully spread throughout the salsa and create an extra layer of flavour when it’s left to marinate longer.
- Instead of grilling the mango, you can also use it raw, grill in the oven, or sear in a hot skillet. However, I love the extra level of sweet and smoky flavours that come from grilling the mango and recommend you give it a go!
- Bonus tipp: add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to take your mango salsa to the next level!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 157.7
- Fat: 5.5
- Saturated Fat: 1.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25.4
- Fiber: 4.7
- Protein: 2.7
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: mango salsa, spicy mango salsa, lettuce wraps, vegan kebab wraps, vegan bbq