- 2 cup of jumbo oats
- 1/4 cup cashew butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons flaked almonds
- Optional: 1/4 cup raisins or sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Add the oats, seeds and nuts to a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a low heat, then keep the heat on low and add the nut butter and maple syrup. Stir consistently until no lumps remain.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and stir in the cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla and sea salt.
- Pour the wet mixture into the large bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Spread the granola mixture into a very thin layer on the lined tray, using a spatula to press it together so that clumps form.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir to ensure even baking. Sprinkle over the raisins, and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Allow to cool fully before storing in an airtight container.
Keywords: granola, breakfast recipes, vegan