This recipe is:
- egg free
- dairy free
- simple & easy
Let me tell you that with this Easy Vegan Jaffa Cake Dessert I've found the perfect quick & easy (+ delicious!) dessert option that you can easily whip up the night before Christmas - in case you're still hung up on vegan dessert ideas. With Christmas right around the corner - have you got your Christmas menu sorted yet?
This Easy Vegan Jaffa Cake Dessert is simply perfect for when you like easy and hassle free - and with only 5 ingredients it's likely you have everything you need already to hand.
Ingredients & Notes
For the ingredients I have used:
- oat milk - homemade or store-bought
- vegan chocolate spread - I used Mr Organic Chocolate & Hazelnut Spread
- raw cocoa powder
- orange juice - fresh or store-bought, make sure it's smooth!
- Vegeset - to ensure your pudding sets in the right time.
The oat milk creates a perfectly creamy base for this easy vegan jaffa cake dessert - and together with your favourite chocolate spread or chocolate it creates a deliciously smooth dessert.
- For the Jaffa Cake dessert base, simply heat the oat milk in a medium size saucepan on the stovetop.
- Once beginning to steam add the chocolate spread or chocolate pieces and continuously whisk until the chocolate is melted and perfectly incorporated with the oat milk.
- Stir in the raw cacao powder and orange juice last, then add in 1/2 tsp of Vegeset and stir until combined.
- Continue stirring regularly, turn up the heat until boiling, then instantly remove from the stovetop and pour the chocolate-y mixture into small, round bowls.
- Set the bowls into the fridge for at least half an hour, then gently flip them upside down onto a serving plate and gently tap the bottom until the Jaffa Cake pudding moves out of the bowl and onto your dessert plate.
Decorating & Serving
To decorate I have used orange zest, chocolate sauce and a slice of orange on the top - to give it that extra special something!
If you're looking for a delicious dessert for Christmas or Thanksgiving, check out these vegan dessert recipes:
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!
📖 Recipe Card
Vegan Jaffa Cake Dessert
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 whisk
- 2 small round bowls to chill & shape the desserts
- 1 1/4 cups oat milk (300 ml)
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate spread
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- fresh orange juice of 1 large orange
- 1/2 tsp Vegeset or cornstarch
- Heat the oat milk in a medium saucepan until steaming. Add in the chocolate spread and stir to melt & combine.
- Continue to heat until the liquid has gone chocolatey and all the spread is dissolved.
- Add the orange juice to the mix and sprinkle the Vegeset on top. Bring to a gentle boil whilst whisking continuously. Remove from the stove as soon as it bubbles and instantly pour into round bowls (for the shape) and place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with dairy free chocolate sauce & a sprinkle of orange zest.
Looking for more dishes to add to your festive menu? Look no further, and check out my Vegan Holiday Recipes instead!
© 2024 Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images, videos, wordings and content are copyright protected and belong to Romina Callwitz. Please do not use any of my content without prior permission. If you wish to re-publish any (part of my) content, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!