Delicious & easy Vegan Chocolate Orange Dessert – for a quick & simple vegan dessert to add to your Christmas menu
Let me tell you that with this Easy Vegan Jaffa Cake Dessert I’ve found the perfect quick & easy (+ delicious!) dessert option that you can easily whip up the night before Christmas – in case you’re still hung up on vegan dessert ideas. With Christmas right around the corner – have you got your Christmas menu sorted yet?
This Easy Vegan Jaffa Cake Dessert is simply perfect for when you like easy and hassle free – and with only 5 ingredients it’s likely you have everything you need already to hand.
Everything you need for this Easy Vegan Jaffa Cake Dessert
For the ingredients I have used oat milk, your favourite vegan chocolate spread (or your favourite chocolate), raw cacao powder, fresh orange juice, and Vegeset to ensure your pudding sets in the right time. The oat milk creates a perfectly creamy base for this easy vegan jaffa cake dessert – and together with your favourite chocolate spread or chocolate it creates a deliciously smooth dessert.
To create the base, simply heat the oat milk in a medium size saucepan on the stovetop. Once beginning to steam add the chocolate spread or chocolate pieces and continuously whisk until the chocolate is melted and perfectly incorporated with the oat milk. Stir in the raw cacao powder and orange juice last, then add in 1/2 tsp of Vegeset and stir until combined. Continue stirring regularly, turn up the heat until boiling, then instantly remove from the stovetop and pour the chocolate-y mixture into small, round bowls.
Set the bowls into the fridge for at least half an hour, then gently flip them upside down onto a serving plate and gently tap the bottom until the Jaffa Cake pudding moves out of the bowl and onto your dessert plate.
To decorate I have used orange zest, chocolate sauce and a slice of orange on the top – to give it that extra special something!
This recipe is:
- egg free
- dairy free
- simple & easy
Delicious & easy Vegan Chocolate Orange Dessert – for a quick & simple vegan dessert to add to your Christmas menu (or also as a vegan treat to yourself! :P)
- 300ml oat milk
- 2 Tsp vegan chocolate spread (or 2 large pieces of your favourite chocolate)
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- Juice of 1/2 large orange
- 1/2 Tsp Vegeset
- Heat the oat milk in a medium saucepan until steaming. Add in the Mr Organic Coconut & Hazelnut Spread and stir to melt & combine.
- Continue to heat until the liquid has gone chocolatey and all the spread is dissolved.
- Add the orange juice to the mix and sprinkle the Vegeset on top. Bring to a gentle boil whilst whisking continuously. Remove from the stove as soon as it bubbles and instantly pour into round bowls (for the shape) and place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with dairy free chocolate sauce & a sprinkle of orange zest.
Keywords: vegan jaffa cake, jaffa cake pudding, jaffa cake dessert, vegan dessert, easy vegan dessert
Looking for more dishes to add to your festive menu? Look no further, and check out my Vegan Holiday Recipes instead!