Easy curried bean stew - simple vegan recipe that's perfect for a healthy meal prep or to feed the entire family.
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150ml vegan white wine
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- a handful of small potatoes (6-8), chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tins of mixed beans, drained
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp garam masala powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 300ml tomato passata
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150ml water
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan, add the chopped onion and fry for about a minute (or until translucent), then add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Deglaze the pan with the vegan white wine.
- Add the carrots, parsnip, potatoes and sliced chestnut mushrooms. Cook and stir to combine for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the beans and rest of the ingredients and gently stir to combine everything.
- Simmer for 30 minutes on low-medium heat with the lid on.
- Serve with rice & enjoy!
This recipe is the perfect meal prep - it can easily be frozen in batches and served either on its own, with rice, potatoes, quinoa and more.
Keywords: curried bean stew, vegan stew, vegan, bean stew, curry stew