Pumpkin season is upon us! I hope you enjoy this vegan sweet pumpkin loaf recipe just as much as I did. It's a great crowd-pleaser for breakfast or as a delicious afternoon treat and the spices simply make the kitchen smell fantastic whilst it's in the oven!
- 300g plain flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 150 ml plant milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 160g dairy-free butter (the unsalted kind!), softened
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 1 tin pumpkin puree (425 g)
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- Preheat your oven to 180C (356F) and lightly grease a lined loaf tin.
- Start by sifting the fl0ur, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle in the salt, then stir to combine.
- In a separate jug, place the plant milk and vinegar. Give them a quick stir, then set aside to curdle for at least 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, use an electric whisk to cream the butter, then sprinkle in the sugar until well combined.
- Pour in the pumpkin puree and the milk mixture and continue to blend until well combined. It's normal for the mix to look slightly curdled and not smooth - don't worry!
- Stir in the flaxseeds and let the mix rest for 10 minutes.
- Slowly pour the wet mix into the flour mixture and fold everything in with a spatula until you get a smooth, fluffy batter.
- Transfer the batter to the lined and greased loaf tin and bake it in the middle of the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow for the loaf to cool for 30 minutes before slicing and enjoy the slices toasted on their own or with dairy-free butter or nut butter (chocolate spread is great also!)
Make sure to line your loaf tin with non-stick baking parchment and lightly grease it, in addition, to ensure you can easily remove your baked loaf later on! I like to use structured parchment - it's a little pricier but makes for perfect bakes every time.
You can slice and freeze the loaf for up to 3 months.
Keywords: pumpkin loaf, vegan pumpkin loaf