Delicious vegan coconut pumpkin pie recipe – with a creamy coconut and pumpkin filling and a crunchy biscuit base.
For the base:
- 1 pack vegan biscuits (I used Mr Organic) (250g)
- 5 Medjool dates, stones removed
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1–2 Tbsp water (optional)
For the filling:
- 425g pumpkin puree (1 tin)
- 225ml coconut milk
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 175C and grease a tart tin (preferably with coconut oil).
- Place the vegan biscuits into a food processor and pulse a couple of times to break them down. Place the Medjool dates into a little hot water to soften for a few minutes, then add them to the biscuits in the processor. Pour in the maple syrup and process until you get a thick sticky mixture. If it’s too dry, add in a little water (1-2 Tbsp).
- Press the biscuit mixture into the tart tin to form the pie base and set in the fridge whilst you’re preparing the vegan pumpkin pie filling.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in a large mixing bowl until no lumps remain – you might want to use an electric hand whisk to make it easier.
- Pour the mix onto the cake base, smooth out with a knife and bake at 175C for 25-30 minutes. Allow for the cake to cool down entirely before slicing & enjoy with some whipped coconut cream or drizzled caramel.
Feel free to use a different type of vegan biscuit for the biscuit base. For the recipe to work out, however, use a variety without any filling of big chunks.
Instead of cornstarch, you can also use Vegeset for a firmer texture. I’ve tried both making this recipe and they both turn out delicious! When using Vegeset, I’ve added about 1.5 tsp to the mix.
To smooth out the top of the pumpkin pie, you can also carefully tap your pie tin onto a kitchen surface or use a pallet knife.
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pie, coconut pumpkin pie, vegan coconut pumpkin pie, vegan pumpkin pie recipe, vegan pumpkin recipe, vegan halloween recipe, vegan pie recipe