Deliciously more-ish vegan triple chocolate cookies, filled and topped with crunchy pecan nuts and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g dark brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 30g almond butter
- 100g coconut oil
- 60g dairy-free chocolate spread (I used Mr Organic)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130ml plant milk
- 80g pecan nuts, crushed
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Start by combining your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: flour, cacao powder, baking powder, dark brown sugar, and salt. For best results, sieve the flour, cacao powder, and baking powder into the bowl.
- Add the crushed pecans, and the chopped chocolate to the bowl, keeping 1-2 tablespoons of each aside to decorate the top of your cookies later on.
- In a double boiler melt the coconut oil and dairy-free chocolate spread and add in the almond butter to melt/soften also. Gently stir until both are combined, then drizzle in the vanilla extract and plant milk.
- Gently pour your liquid mix into your dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spatula until you get a well-combined and thick, but slightly sticky dough.
- Use a tablespoon to portion your cookie dough onto a lined baking tray, carefully creating round shapes with your fingers. Place them about 1-2 inches apart to give them enough space to expand. Press the leftover pecans and chocolate chunks into the top of the cookies and bake them at 180C for 15-18 minutes.
- Allow for them to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing them from the baking tray & enjoy!
Keywords: vegan chocolate cookies, chocolate pecan cookies, vegan triple chocolate cookies, vegan chocolate cookie recipe, chocolate cookie recipe