Crunchy and chocolatey - this vegan rocky road recipe is simply the perfect treat if you like chocolate and marshmallows with a wonderful added crunch! Made with vegan chocolate, peanut butter, and crunchy additions!
Vegan Rocky Road Bars
When I think of autumn and bonfire nights, my thoughts automatically go to marshmallows and Vegan Rocky Road Bars! It's simply one of my favorite things to make with vegan-friendly marshmallows, so I finally had to sit down and write up this recipe for you, so I can share the joys of vegan rocky road with you all!
There are a variety of delicious additions that you can make to a rocky road recipe, however, I'm certain that marshmallows are a must 😉 In a nutshell, rocky road bars are a wonderful chocolatey combination of sweet flavors and both crunchy and gooey textures - so the addition of marshmallows is simply perfect to achieve a little bit of goo in your bars. Let's jump right into the recipe, shall we?
Ingredients for Vegan Rocky Road
- smooth peanut butter
I used Pip & Nut on this occasion, as it's one of my favourite nut butters!
Make sure to use an unsalted version for this recipe! The Flora Vegan Butter is a great one to go for to make this rocky road.
There's no rocky road without chocolate, so this is a vital ingredient! you can definitely use dark chocolate, but I've found that vegan milk chocolate is the tastiest for a rocky road. I've used a brand called 'Nomo' on this occasion. Whichever one you choose, make sure it's a smooth melting one without any nuts & chunks.
- 200g vegan marshmallows
Dandies are my go-to marshmallows for recipes! They melt wonderfully and have the perfect size for a delicious vegan rocky road.
- 70g mini pretzels
I used the salted ones from Ollys Ollys, but any store-bought ones will be great to add a delicious crunch!
- 40g vegan-friendly rice Krispies cereal (Free From Rice Snaps)
Not all Rice Krispies Cereals are vegan, but this free from version from Tesco is both vegan friendly and gluten-free, making it perfect for this vegan rocky road recipe.
- mixing bowl
- double boiler to melt the chocolate
- cake tin or baking tray to shape your vegan rocky road bars
To make our delicious vegan rocky road, let's start by preparing our equipment! Line a 20 cm x 20 cm (8-inch x 8-inch) square pan with non-stick parchment paper, then set aside.
In a double boiler on the stove, slowly melt your vegan chocolate. Add in the dairy-free butter and smooth peanut butter. Stir to combine and allow for everything to melt together until smooth.
For this Rocky Road recipe you can leave your marshmallows in one piece or cut them up into smaller pieces - that's down to your personal preference. On this occasion, I have cut mine up into smaller bits as I wanted my rocky road bars to have lost of little chunks of marshmallow all over - but you do you! 🙂 Add them to a large mixing bowl and add in your crunchy ingredients: vegan mini pretzels and vegan Rice Krispies cereal. Same as with the marshmallows, you can keep your mini pretzels whole or break them into smaller pieces. Give your ingredients a quick stir to evenly distribute them, then pour the melted chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl. Use a spatula to stir and mix everything together.
Transfer the mixture into your rectangular cake pan and use your spatula to gently, but firmly press it into all corners.
Add a few additional marshmallow pieces on top (totally optional of course!) and transfer the pan to the fridge to set for at least 2- 3 hours.
Once the time elapses. remove them from the pan and cut them up into portion sizes using a sharp knife. Enjoy right away or keep your vegan rocky road in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- filled with vegan marshmallows
- super crunchy
- a delicious snack
- the perfect treat all year round!
For more sweet treats, you might want to try my Vegan Biscoff Rocky Road Recipe or my delicious Frozen Yogurt Bars!
If you love Pinterest - like me - you can pin any of the images on this page to your boards 😊
Vegan Rocky Road Recipe
- 1 8x8-inch pan
- 1 Double boiler
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 210 g peanut butter smooth
- 60 g dairy-free butter
- 350 g vegan chocolate melted
- 200 g vegan marshmallows
- 70 g mini pretzels
- 40 g vegan-friendly rice krispies cereal
- Start by lining a 20 cm x 20 cm square pan (8-inch x 8-inch) with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler melt your chocolate. Once melted add in the dairy-free butter and peanut butter. Stir to combine and allow for everything to melt together.
- Cut your marshmallows into small chunks and place them into a large mixing bowl alongside your pretzels and vegan rice krispies cereal. You can break up the pretzels into smaller pieces or leave them whole, this is down to your preference. Pour the melted chocolate mixture on top and mix everything together with a spatula.
- Transfer your rocky road mix into the square pan, using a spatula to press it into all of the corners. A few additional marshmallow pieces on top and transfer the mix to the fridge to set for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Once firm, use a sharp knife to cut your rocky road bars and enjoy. Keep them in an airtight container in your fridge.
- Nutritional info for reference only
If you love sweet treats, give these a go:
- Vegan Kinder Chocolate Bars
- Sunflower Seed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Millionaire Shortbread
- White Chocolate Biscoff Rocky Road
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without prior permission. If you wish to re-publish this recipe, please get in touch via email. Thank you so much for supporting romylondonuk.com!
Leave a Reply