These 3-Ingredient Vegan Frozen Yoghurt Protein Bars are super easy to prepare and perfect for refreshing, healthy summer snacking!
Frozen Yoghurt Protein Bars
Last week's London heatwave taught me one thing: it's the perfect time to make this Vegan Frozen Yoghurt Protein Bar Recipe!
It's since April now that I've been eating a high protein vegan diet, and as someone who likes variety in their food, it's no wonder that I had to come up with my own creative ways to introduce more protein into my everyday life and my vegan recipes.
These vegan frozen yoghurt bars have been one of my favourite creations this summer - they're easily adaptable, depending on what flavour you're after, and also super refreshing for those hot summer days and are perfect as snack or even a light breakfast! And they obviously help you reach your daily protein intake, so it's really a win-win-win situation!
Ingredients for this recipe
There are 2 key ingredients to my Vegan Frozen Yoghurt Protein Bars: Number One is coconut yoghurt (I love the plain one from Coconut Collaborative) and Number Two is a vegan protein powder. My favourite to use for these Vegan Frozen Yoghurt Protein Bars is the Vanilla flavoured Soy Protein Isolate by MyVegan/MyProtein. Vanilla is generally a great flavour to use in this recipe, however, I encourage you to use your favourite protein powder!
So, essentially your shopping list for this recipe will be very small as you only need:
- Coconut yoghurt
- Vanilla soy protein isolate
- Berries and/or fruit
Looking for alternative flavour combinations to enjoy? How about chocolate protein + cherries, or Peanut butter & strawberries?
How to make Vegan Frozen Yoghurt Protein Bars
Making your 'batter'
To create these Vegan Frozen Yoghurt Protein Bars, simply combine 200g coconut yoghurt with 2 scoops of protein powder. I like to use the back of a spoon to gently incorporate the powder into the yoghurt and you will soon see that the mixture thickens and becomes 'dough like'. Line a rectangular freezer-proof container with either baking parchment or wax paper (I used a glass Tupperware for this), then scatter a handful of berries across the bottom and fill the Vegan Frozen Yoghurt Protein Bar batter into the container.
You can finish it off by decorating with more berries on the top - raspberries are my personal favourite to use in this recipe.
Place your container in your freezer for 30 minutes and your Vegan Frozen Yoghurt Protein Bars are ready to enjoy! If you plan to consume them at a later point, simply remove them from the freezer 30 minutes prior to slightly defrost.
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- simply delicious
- easy to make
- great summer snack
You might also enjoy these recipes:
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!
Vegan Frozen Yogurt Protein Bars
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 freezer-proof dish
- 1 sharp knife
- 200 g coconut yogurt
- 2 scoops vanilla protein (60 g) vanilla soy protein isolate
- 1 handful berries e.g. raspberries
- In a medium size bowl gently combine 200g coconut yoghurt with 2 scoops of vanilla flavoured protein with the back of a spoon.
- Line a medium size freezer proof tray or container with baking parchment or wax paper and spread the berries across.
- Fill your frozen yoghurt batter into the tray and use a spoon or knife to even out the surface. Decorate with more berries (optional)
- Transfer to your freezer for 30 minutes, then cut into bars and serve!
- If you don't intend to serve them all up instantly, simply use a sharp knife to cut the frozen yoghurt into smaller bars and freeze them separately.
If you're looking for more vegan protein powder recipes, make sure to check out the vegan protein section of my website!
- Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Magnum Ice Cream
- Low Carb Chocolate Protein Cookies
- Flourless Vegan Protein Bread Recipe
- Vegan Protein Cheesecake Pudding
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without permission. If you wish to re-publish any recipes or images, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!