This recipe for deliciously creamy vegan keto-friendly Mac and cheese is simply divine and one that you definitely have to try out if you're on vegan keto.
- 1 pack macaroni-style zero carb noodles
For the cheese sauce:
- 1 cup soy milk (250 ml)
- 1-2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Prepare the pasta according to packaging instructions.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the coconut oil to a saucepan and heat up on medium heat whilst whisking to combine.
- Once everything starts to bubble and thicken, remove the sauce from the heat and add in the coconut oil.
- Heat it up again on the stove until the mix is thickening, then reduce the heat to a minimum and stir in the pasta.
- Serve and top with some salt & pepper and you’re ready to enjoy! As an optional finish, you can also transfer the vegan keto Mac and Cheese to an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven until the crust is crispy
Keywords: Vegan keto Mac and cheese