This delicious vegan Kale Caesar Salad recipe is served with a wonderfully creamy avocado dressing and created from only simple ingredients. Perfect for your next light lunch of dinner and pretty much any time of the year!
- 2 handfuls of fresh curly kale
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tin butter beans (240g drained weight), drained
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cut into 1cm slices
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, drained
For the dressing:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 30g soaked cashews
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 70–100ml water
- Soak your cashews in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime wash the kale, place it in a large bowl and drizzle with the apple cider vinegar. Massage it with your hands until it begins to soften and become a vibrantly green colour.
- Drain the tin of butter beans and place them on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with the garlic powder, then place in the pre-heated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until lightly crispy. Place the sweet potato slices in the oven at the same time until baked and softened.
- For the avocado dressing, simply combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until. smooth. Add as much water as needed to reach your desired texture.
- Assemble the salad in a large sharing bowl or 2 smaller portion size bowls, drizzle the dressing on top and sprinkle with black pepper and hemp seeds (optional).
If you’d like to preserve as many nutrients in your cashews as possible, you can soak them for a minimum of 4-6 hours to soften. The option of adding them to boiling water for 20 minutes is a quick option to soften them and prepare them for the next recipe steps, but through the heat, the nuts lose a lot of micronutrients and I only recommend this version if in a hurry.