These Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes are wonderfully fluffy and the perfect vegan pancakes for weekend brunches and so easy to make at home!
- 200ml soya milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I used Mr Organic)
- 2 tbsp plain vegan yogurt (I used Nush)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 120g flour
- coconut oil for greasing
- Grease and preheat 2 pans on your stove over medium heat: one small "egg" pan and one larger non-stick pan.
- In a jug combine your milk and apple cider vinegar and place them aside for 10 minutes to curdle. After, simply add in the maple syrup and vegan yogurt and whisk.
- In a large bowl mix your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla powder, salt, cinnamon).
- Combine all ingredients in the large bowl and let the batter rest for a few minutes.
- Start by spooning your mix into the small pan until it's about 1-2 cm thick. Don't touch it and let is rest for about 4-5 minutes or until your edges are starting to firm up. Be very quick when you flip the pancake into the larger crepe pan and repeat until the batter is used up.
- This recipe should make 2 thick American style vegan buttermilk pancakes (= 1 portion). If you're looking to make more, simply scale up the recipe.
Keywords: vegan buttermilk pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, fluffy vegan pancakes, how to make fluffy vegan pancakes, vegan American pancakes