These Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes are wonderfully fluffy and the perfect vegan pancakes for weekend brunches and so easy to make at home!
- Grease and preheat 2 pans on your stove over medium heat: one small “egg” pan and one larger non-stick pan.
- In a jug combine your milk and apple cider vinegar and place them aside for 10 minutes to curdle. After, simply add in the maple syrup and vegan yogurt and whisk.
- In a large bowl mix your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla powder, salt, cinnamon).
- Combine all ingredients in the large bowl and let the batter rest for a few minutes.
- Start by spooning your mix into the small pan until it’s about 1-2 cm thick. Don’t touch it and let is rest for about 4-5 minutes or until your edges are starting to firm up. Be very quick when you flip the pancake into the larger crepe pan and repeat until the batter is used up.
- This recipe should make 2 thick American style vegan buttermilk pancakes (= 1 portion). If you’re looking to make more, simply scale up the recipe.
Keywords: vegan buttermilk pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, fluffy vegan pancakes, how to make fluffy vegan pancakes, vegan American pancakes