For the crust:
- 100g gluten-free rolled oats
- 40g ground almonds
- 150g medjool dates
- 3 Tbsp water
- coconut oil for the cake tin
For the cheesecake:
- 250g soaked cashew nuts
- 1 can of chickpeas (400g)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp nut butter (I used almond butter)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 60ml agave nectar
- 1 can of coconut milk
For the topping:
- 100g frozen berries of your choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Place the gluten-free rolled oats in a food processor and pulse until it resembles a flour. Add in the ground almonds and pulse 2 more times to combine.
2. Puree the dates with a stick blender and add to the oat/almond mixture. Add the water and combine everything well until you have a sticky mixture.
3. Oil a round cake tin with coconut oil and press the oat/almond mixture into the bottom of the tin. Press it down gently, but firmly, then place the cake tin in the fridge until you have prepared the rest of the ingredients.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
5. To prepare the filling add all ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.
6. Remove the cake tin from the fridge and pour the filling in.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 160 degrees and bake for another 30-35 minutes. Make sure to turn the cake slightly every 15 minutes, so that it browns evenly. Once your cheesecake is ready, let it cool down and place it in the fridge if you don’t plan to enjoy it right away.
8. To prepare the topping simply add your frozen berries to a saucepan and heat, add in the cinnamon and cook on low heat until the liquid reduces.
9. Pour the berry mix onto the cheesecake, cut into slices and enjoy with friends and family!
For recipes make sure to follow me on Instagram where I regularly post more recipes on my feed & instastory
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 408kcal
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 255mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
Keywords: Baked Cheesecake Recipe, Vegan Baked Cheesecake Recipe