I really do like raw Vegan Cheesecakes but all the raw vegan Cheesecake in the world will never get close to this Vegan Baked Cheesecake Recipe that's an adjusted version of a recipe my mum used to make!
Let me introduce you to my latest creation: Baked Vegan Cheesecake Recipe! I really like raw vegan cheesecake but all the raw vegan cheesecake in the world will never get close to the cheesecake that my mum used to make for my birthdays growing up: a baked one!
This used to be my favourite of all cakes and I remember that my mum made one every year on my birthday - a simply special treat! And what would be a better reason to share the secret to the perfect vegan Baked Cheesecake Recipe with you than the Great Vegan Baked Cheesecake Recipe Off 2017?!
I'm happy to share the recipe to such a scrumptious vegan cheesecake - and there might be a secret ingredient in the list that might truly surprise you - but please have trust: this cake tastes absolutely phenomenal!
What you'll need to make New-York-Style Vegan Cheesecake
For the crust:
- Gluten-free rolled oats
- Ground almonds
- Medjool dates
- Coconut oil for the cake tin
For the cheesecake:
- Soaked cashew nuts
- Vanilla extract
- Nut butter (I used almond butter)
- Lemon (for its juice)
- Agave nectar
- Coconut milk
For the topping:
- Frozen berries of your choice
How to make this Vegan Baked Cheesecake Recipe
Making a vegan cheesecake crust
To start with, take your gluten-free rolled oats and pulse them in a food processor until they turn into a kind of flour. Once that's done, add your ground almonds and pulse another 2 times to make sure they're mixed together.
Now, using a stick blender, turn your dates into a puree and add it to the oat and almond mixture alongside 3Tbsp of water and combine everything until you're left with a sticky mixture.
Go and get a round cake tin and grease it using your coconut oil. Once coated, gently press the oat/almond mixture into the bottom of your tin and place it in the fridge until you've prepped your other ingredients.
Making a vegan cheesecake filling
Before we make the filling, this is a good time to preheat your oven to 180ºC. Now get all your filling ingredients and mix them in a blender until smooth. YES, IT REALLY IS THAT EASY! Take your cake tin out of the fridge and slowly pour in your filling before putting it in the oven.
Baking the cheesecake
Once the cake has been in the oven for 15 minutes, turn down the heat to 160ºC and bake it for another 30-35 minutes.
Extra Tip: To make sure the cake browns evenly, turn it slightly every 15 minutes or so.
Once your cheesecake is ready, let it cool down and place it in the fridge - unless you plan on eating it straight away!
Making a vegan cheesecake topping
To get your topping ready, put your frozen berries and cinnamon in a saucepan and cook on low heat until the liquid reduces. Once ready, pour the stewed berries over your cheesecake, slice and dig in!
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- soft & delicate
- truly delicious
- easy to make
I really do like raw Baked Vegan Cheesecake Recipe but all the raw vegan Cheesecake in the world will never get close to the cheesecake that my mum used to make
For the crust:
- 100g gluten-free rolled oats
- 40g ground almonds
- 150g Medjool dates
- 3 Tbsp water
- coconut oil for the cake tin
For the cheesecake:
- 250g soaked cashew nuts
- 1 can of chickpeas (400g)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp nut butter (I used almond butter)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 60ml agave nectar
- 1 can of coconut milk
For the topping:
- 100g frozen berries of your choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place the gluten-free rolled oats in a food processor and pulse until it resembles a flour. Add in the ground almonds and pulse 2 more times to combine.
- Puree the dates with a stick blender and add to the oat/almond mixture. Add the water and combine everything well until you have a sticky mixture.
- Oil a round cake tin with coconut oil and press the oat/almond mixture into the bottom of the tin. Press it down gently, but firmly, then place the cake tin in the fridge until you have prepared the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- To prepare the filling add all ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Remove the cake tin from the fridge and pour the filling in.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 160 degrees and bake for another 30-35 minutes. Make sure to turn the cake slightly every 15 minutes, so that it browns evenly. Once your cheesecake is ready, let it cool down and place it in the fridge if you don’t plan to enjoy it right away.
- To prepare the topping simply add your frozen berries to a saucepan and heat, add in the cinnamon and cook on low heat until the liquid reduces.
- Pour the berry mixture onto the cheesecake, cut into slices and enjoy with friends and family!
For recipes make sure to follow me on Instagram where I regularly post more recipes on my feed & Instagram story.
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 408kcal
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 255mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
Keywords: Baked Cheesecake Recipe, Vegan Baked Cheesecake Recipe
Looking for more vegan bakes? Make sure to check out the Cakes & Bakes Section - here are some of my favourites: