Ever heard of pasta muffins? No?! Well – then it’s about time!
Let me introduce: Your new favourite meal/snack/whatever. Seriously, these are super easy to make, absolutely delicious – and are a highlight in every lunch box (your colleagues are basically drawn to ask you about them.) I don’t have any kids myself, but I know if I had any (which is super unlikely though :p) this is exactly what I would give them.
As I am still a massive child myself, and I don’t see this changing any time soon, I do love these playful meals.
They are also very versatile and you can create them with different sauces (I have made this tomato-based ones and vegan Carbonara muffins before) and add the toppings of your choice – mushrooms and vegan cheese just being some of my favourite toppings.
For this recipe I have teamed up with Mr Organic – keep your eyes peeled: you might be able to find this recipe on some Mr Organic flyers soon 😉
Pasta Muffin Recipe
Ingredients (makes 12)
½ pack of Mr Organic organic spaghetti
Mr Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt, pepper to taste
¼ tsp Parsley
½ tsp Basil
(alternatively use 1 jar of your favourite Mr Organic pasta sauce)
- Cook the pasta according to packaging instructions and preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and mix the spaghetti with the Mr Organic Passata and seasoning.
- Brush a muffin tin with Mr Organic Olive Oil and transfer the pasta into the muffin tins, pressing the pasta down into each mould with a spoon.
- Optional: top with your favourite toppings (e.g. mushrooms and dairy-free cheese)
- Bake the muffins in the oven for 25 minutes and carefully remove them from the tin.