Ever heard of vegan pasta muffins? No?! Well - then it's about time! Let me take you on this fun excursion. These pasta muffins are super easy and simple to make, they are great for any leftover pasta or simply if you want to add something more exciting to somebody's lunchbox. All you need is some pasta and a muffin tray and you're already halfway there!
Let me introduce: Your new favourite meal/snack/whatever! Seriously, these pasta muffins are so easy to make, absolutely delicious - and are a highlight in every lunch box be it for school or work. As I am still a massive child myself, and I don't see this changing any time soon, I simply love these playful meals.
They are also very versatile and if you love to get creative, you can create them with different types of sauces. This particular recipe uses a tomato based sauce, but I have also tried making a carbonara style pasta muffin before, which has turned out an absolute treat, especially in combination with mushrooms and smoked tofu pieces!
If you are confident in the kitchen feel free to go all out!
Pasta Muffin Recipe
Ingredients for this recipe
This recipe for vegan pasta muffins is pretty straightforward and you only need a few simple ingredients:
- 250 g spaghetti
- a little olive oil for greasing your muffin tray
- 400 ml tomato passata
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste
How to make pasta muffins
This recipe is super simple to make and just a few easy steps. If you have any leftover pasta from the day before, simply feel free to use that - which will make this recipe even quicker!
Step 1: Prepare the spaghetti
Let's start by preparing the spaghetti! Simply check your packaging instructions and prepare your passport accordingly.
Step 2: Combine with the sauce
Once your pasta is cooked and thoroughly drained, simply combine it with the tomato passata, parsley, and basil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Preheat your oven to 200°C at the same time.
Step 3: Transfer to a muffin tray
Grease your muffin tray with olive oil, then divide the pasta between the six muffin holes, twirling it with a fork to neatly pack it into the muffin holes. Gently press down on the pasta with the back of a fork. At this point you could add any optional toppings, such as grated vegan cheese.
Step 4: Bake
Transfer the muffin tray to the oven and bake at 200°C for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges of the pasta become lightly crispy.
Step 5: Serve
Allow for the past and muffins to cool down for five minutes before carefully removing them from the muffin tray. Serve immediately or allow them to cool down and pack them into your lunchbox. Store in the fridge overnight or for up to 5 days.
This pasta muffin recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- Super fun and easy to make
- A great afternoon and after-school snack
- A highlight in every lunchbox
- Perfect for kids, but also delicious for adults
- A great use for leftover pasta
Your new favourite afternoon snack. Pasta Muffins are super easy to make, absolutely delicious - and are a highlight in every lunch box.
- 1/2 pack of spaghetti
- A little olive oil for greasing your muffin tray
- 400 ml of tomato passata
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Cook the pasta according to packaging instructions and preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and mix the spaghetti with the tomato passata, dried parsley, dried basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush a muffin tin with olive oil and transfer the pasta into the 6 muffin holes, pressing the pasta down into each mold with a spoon.
- Transfer to the oven and bake the pasta muffins for 20-25 minutes but until lightly crispy around the edges. Remove from the oven.
- Allow for the pasta muffins to cool down for five minutes before carefully removing them from the muffin tray. Serve immediately or store in the fridge overnight or for up to five days. These pasta muffins can be enjoyed both hot and cold.
When transferring the spaghetti into the muffin holes, it is easiest to do this with a large fork and lightly twirl the pasta in order to tightly pack them into the muffin tray.
Before transferring the pasta muffins into the oven, you can add any optional toppings such as shredded vegan cheese.
Keywords: Pasta Muffins, Pasta Muffins Recipe, Vegan Pasta Muffins Recipe, pick an afternoon snack, vegan after-school snack, pasta muffins, vegan pasta muffins recipe, spaghetti snacks, spaghetti muffins
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without permission. If you wish to re-publish any recipes or images, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!