I love creating my own homemade pizza sauce: it helps me have full control over exactly what’s going into my delicious homemade pizza, and creates delicious pizza packed with flavour and nutrients!
- 350g cherry tomatoes
- a pinch of salt
- a little olive oil for roasting
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp organic tomato paste
- Preheat your oven to 190C.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and place them on a roasting tray. Drizzle them with a little olive oil and sprinkle them with a pinch of sea salt, then place them in the oven to roast for. 18-20 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a high-speed blender alongside the herbs. Blitz for a minute until smooth, then strain the sauce through a fine sieve to remove any tomato seeds.
- Transfer the sieved tomatoes to a saucepan, add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook the contents on a low heat, stirring regularly for about 20 minutes until a thicker tomato paste has formed.
- Ready to top your pizza base!
Keywords: homemade pizza sauce, vegan pizza sauce, Roasted Tomato Pizza Sauce Recipe, recipe, pizza sauce