These easy coconut pancakes are such a delicious treat to start off your Sunday morning!
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or coconut vinegar)
- 30g coconut flour
- 170g gluten-free flour blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 400ml coconut milk (* the drinking kind)
- coconut oil for frying (optional, not necessary if you use a non-stick crepes pan)
- In a large mixing bowl, first combine your dry ingredients for the batter: coconut flour, flour, baking powder & baking soda, then form a little well in the middle and gently pour in your wet ingredients.
- Whilst you’re whisking them all together, pre-heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add a coconut oil and let it melt & distribute entirely (optional)
- Gently spoon your pancake batter into the pan, you can make smaller American style pancakes (like I did) or larger ones that take up the entire pan – they will be more difficult to flip though.
- Let your pancakes sit until they start to become firm and the edges are slightly golden. Use a spatula to carefully flip them and cook them on the second side until golden.
- Serve with your favourite toppings – banana and baked sweet potato slices are some of mine (plus toasted pecans for a decent crunch!)
If you’re not avoiding gluten, you can swap out the gluten free flour for all purpose or self-raising flour.
The amounts in the recipe will be 4 portions, considering you’re making small American style, thin pancakes (like the pictured ones).
You can freeze the pancakes and reheat – or keep them in the fridge and consume within 2 days.
Keywords: coconut pancakes, vegan pancakes, gluten free vegan pancakes, vegan coconut pancakes, coconut, pancakes