Making frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer is the next-level hack you need in your life! They're not only lower in fat than making them in a deep fryer, but also crispy without becoming dry - compared to making them in the oven. The perfect balance!
With this recipe you can make crispy sweet potato fries at home in a matter of minutes using your air fryer! They're a perfect side dish alongside air fryer burgers and co!
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
This recipe is:
- ready in less than 20 minutes
- easy to make in the air fryer
- super quick and convenient
- perfect alongside juicy burgers
- a delicious side dish
- tasty alongside natural tomato ketchup
- using less oil and fat than a traditional deep fryer
- lower in calories than traditional sweet potato fries made in a deep fryer
If you've not tried sweet potato fries before, then you're truly in for a treat! I personally am obsessed with sweet potato fries and order them every time I see them on a restaurant or pub menu.
With this recipe, you'll be able to make the most perfect frozen sweet potato fries in the comfort of your own home - and all by using your air fryer!
Why Sweet Potato Fries are the best
- these air fryer sweet potato fries are much lower in fat than cooking fries in a traditional deep fryer
- using the air fryer, these sweet potato fries are crispy in just a few minutes, it's simply magical!
- no defrosting is needed, making these air fryer sweet potato fries even more convenient for a quick side dish! In fact, for the best results, do not allow the frozen sweet potato fries to thaw and pop them straight from the freezer into the preheated air fryer.
- sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin A and have more fiber than white potatoes.
- they simply taste fantastic with a sprinkle of salt, giving that perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors!
Ingredients for this recipe
For this simple air fryer recipe, you only need one basic ingredient and some optional seasonings:
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries: McCain's Sweet Potato Fries are a firm favorite of mine!
- Seasoning (optional): I love to use salt flakes, black pepper, thyme and smoked paprika powder to season my sweet potato fries after air frying.
- Air fryer: I use a Ninja Foodi for all my air frying!
How to make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Step 1: Preparation
Start by preheating your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Most air fryers and fries should be fine without adding any oil, but if you're unsure, add a little cooking spray into the air fryer basket. For best results, use a canola oil, olive oil or avocado oil spray intended for use at high temperatures.
Step 2: Adding the fries
Add the frozen sweet potato fries to the air fryer basket and carefully give the basket a shake to evenly spread out the sweet potato fries. This allows for the air and heat to circulate better in the air fryer - and the fries to cook more evenly.
Don't forget to wear oven gloves as the air fryer basket is very hot after the preheating!
Step 3: Air frying
Fry the sweet potato fries at 400°F (200°C) for 15-18 minutes, checking in on them 2 or 3 times during the cooking process to give the air fryer basket another quick shake. This way you allow for even cooking and get better results for your sweet potato fries.
Step 4: Seasoning (Optional)
I like to add extra seasoning to my sweet potato fries, but this step is optional, so feel free to skip.
Once golden and lightly crispy, remove the sweet potato fries from the air fryer carefully and place them into a heatproof bowl.
Sprinkle with the sea salt flakes, smoked paprika powder, dried thyme and black pepper and toss them in the bowl to evenly coat. Then serve immediately.
Serving Sweet Potato Fries
These sweet potato fries are perfectly delicious served alongside tomato ketchup! I personally love using natural and organic tomato ketchup with a superb tomato flavor - the sweetness of the ketchup works so wonderfully tasty and mouthwatering alongside the crispy and lightly salted sweet potatoes.
You can store any leftover sweet potato fries in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
When reheating, simply preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) again and place the sweet potato fries into the heat for 3-4 minutes. Alternatively, reheat in the oven at 400°F (200°C) for 5-8 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions - Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Simply place your leftover sweet potato fries in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
My personal favorites are sea salt flakes, black pepper, dried thyme and smoked paprika - honestly, such a good combination!
If - like me - you love Pinterest, you can find me here & if you like, you can pin any of the images on this page to your boards 😊
You might also enjoy these recipes:
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 air fryer I use a Ninja Foodi
- 1 18-oz pack frozen sweet potato fries (500 g)
For the seasoning (optional):
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the frozen sweet potato fries to the air fryer basket and carefully give the basket a shake to evenly spread out the sweet potato fries.
- Fry the sweet potato fries at 400°F (200°C) for 15-18 minutes or until golden and slightly crispy. Give the air fryer basket another quick shake 2 or 3 times during the cooking process.
- Once golden, remove the sweet potato fries from the air fryer and place them into a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes, smoked paprika powder, dried thyme and black pepper and toss them in the bowl to evenly coat. Then serve immediately.
- All air fryers are slightly different and therefore also cook differently. I personally use a Ninja Foodi for all of my air frying, so this recipe has also been created in an Ninja Air Fryer. The cooking time might slightly differ, if you're using a different device - so I recommend checking in on your sweet potato fries after roughly 15 minutes and adjusting the cooking time as needed until they're perfectly crunchy.
- To serve these potato fries, I personally just love Organic Tomato Ketchup - it's simply the best combo!
- To store your sweet potato fries after cooking, store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat them in the oven or air fryer.
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without prior permission. If you wish to re-publish this recipe, please get in touch via email. Thank you so much for supporting romylondonuk.com!