Delicious & simple, this Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo is just what you’ve been looking for!
This Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo makes the perfectly creamy pasta sauce – and when it comes with a healthy touch, who could resist? I’ve loved pairing this delicious vegan pasta sauce with plant-powered tortellini, but any type of pasta would be great – also gluten free! Ideally pick a shape that holds sauce well such as Fusilli.
Made from cauliflower and additions such as nutritional yeast and white miso paste, this vegan cauliflower Alfredo holds a delicious load full of healthy nutrients. Indulgence plus nutrition – a perfect combo, if you ask me 😉
The Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo base
To prepare the cauliflower for the sauce, you can either cook, steam or roast it in the oven. I prefer the steaming process as it treats the cauliflower a little more gentle then the other options, but if you don’t have a steamer or simply prefer the roasted version, of course feel free to go that way.
This recipe calls for half a head of a medium sized cauliflower – that should be between 300-400g in case you’d like some help with sizing the right portion. The full recipe creates enough sauce to cover 2-4 portions, depending on how saucy you’d like to get.
The perfect pasta
You can easily pick your favourite pasta to go along this Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta Sauce – you can even go gluten-free or use spaghetti – however, to bring out the full flavour of the sauce, I find it important to . pick a pasta that holds the sauce well. Some preferred ones from me include Fusilli, Conchiglie, Orecchiette, Tortellini, Campanelle and Farfalle.
To create this recipe according to my instructions you will need the following equipment:
- large serving spoon to preserve the pasta water
- high-speed blender
Alternatively you can also use a stick blender to blend up the sauce ingredients, though the result might not be quite as smooth as using a high-speed blender (I haven’t tested a stick blender myself yet, so I can’t vouch for it)
I hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as I did – make sure to tag @romylondonuk if you happen to re-create it!
This recipe is:
- Easily made gluten-free (simply use gf pasta!)
- Super creamy
- more-ish & delicious
- quick to make
- easy to follow
- full of nutrients!
Deliciously creamy vegan cauliflower Alfredo pasta sauce – ready in minutes and full of delicious plant goodness!
- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped & cooked until translucent
- 2 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped & cooked until translucent
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100ml drained pasta water
- 70ml soy milk
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 Tbsp sweet white miso paste
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Prepare your pasta according to packaging instructions. In the meantime prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Steam the cauliflower until soft, then transfer to a blender with the remainder of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the sauce to a medium size saucepan to heat through, combine with your pasta, season to taste with salt & pepper and serve hot.
This recipe makes enough sauce to cover around 250g pasta.
Ensure to cook your onions & garlic in a little oil until translucent before adding them to the blender with the rest of the ingredients. Alternatively replace them with onion & garlic powder.
Keywords: pasta sauce, cauliflower alfredo, vegan cauliflower alfredo, vegan pasta sauce
Looking for more vegan pasta recipes? Look no more 😉