These Sesame Noodles (Vegan + High Protein) are simply perfect for hot summer days as they are best served cold and super easy to prepare in just 15 minutes.
For 4 portions
- 100g Edamame Spaghetti
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- half a block of tofu (roughly 140g), cubed
- 1 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
For the sauce:
- 0.5–1 clove of garlic (dependant on garlic preference), finely chopped
- 1cm ginger root, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp orange juice (freshly squeezed or store-bought)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (light)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 0.5 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 0.5 tsp peanut oil (optional)
- Start by preparing the Edamame Spaghetti according to the packaging instructions in lightly salted water (3-5 minutes). Drain and combine with 1 tsp of sesame oil, then set aside.
- To a medium frying pan, add 1 Tbsp of sesame oil and fry the cubed tofu until golden on all sides. Set aside to cool.
- Add the chopped garlic, peeled & chopped ginger root, tahini, sriracha, vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, pepper, syrup and peanut oil (optional) to a food processor or blender and combine until a creamy sauce is created.
- Combine the Edamame Spaghetti with the tofu and sauce and serve sprinkled with the spring onion & sesame seeds (optional).
This dish is best served cold – perfect for hot summer days – but if you prefer a warm dish, simply toss the Edamame Spaghetti, tofu & sauce in a hot pan and sprinkle the spring onions on top when serving.
The recipe makes 1 adult portion – if you’re cooking for more than 1 person or batch cooking, simply double/triple/… the ingredients (there’s a box at the top right of this recipe that easily calculates this for you!)
If you don’t have fresh garlic or ginger to hand, you can replace them with the powdered versions, but the flavour will not be as fresh & intense.
The sriracha you can replace with your favourite hot sauce that you have to hand – and if you don’t like it spicy, simply leave it out.
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 352
- Sugar: 7.8
- Sodium: 32mg
- Fat: 15.5
- Saturated Fat: 2.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.7
- Carbohydrates: 28.1
- Fiber: 13.2
- Protein: 31.9
Keywords: sesame noodles, vegan high protein, vegan protein, protein noodles, edamame noodles, edamame spaghetti