Vegan Keto Brownies – one of my vegan keto favourites!
When on keto… and that sweet craving kicks in… not the best moments of being on keto – especially in the beginning when the cravings do actually come more frequently.
Recently going back into keto had me thinking ‘hey, it must be possible to create a great treat, that’s delicious and at the same time keto friendly’. Challenge accepted!
And these vegan keto brownies were the result if that challenge that I set myself! Incredible, right? And only using a handful of ingredients too – you’ll be surprised that these can be created of such little ingredients and completely without refined sugar and practically also without flour.
Sounds like magic? Well keep reading!
This recipe actually started as some kind of experiment – something along the lines of ‘I wonder whether it’s possible to create a sweet treat without flour’. So I went into the kitchen, drew out my low carb ingredients and simply started blending some ingredients together in a bowl. And the magic happened: it worked out on first attempt and these tasty brownies were the result!
Crazy that there’s no wheat flour in them, right?
Why I am stressing ‘wheat’ flour? Well technically there is a type of flour in them – if you would count peanut flour into the flour family, it’s basically just dried and very finely ground peanuts 😉
- Add the non-dairy milk & the Apple Cider Vinegar to a tall glass, stir and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl combine all dry ingredients for the brownies.
- Add the Peanut Butter and vanilla extract, then gently pour over the milk/vinegar mixture.
- Whisk well until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the batter into a greased baking tin (or a lined baking tin) and bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Let me brownies cool down entirely before cutting and keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Vegan Keto, Recipes, Vegan Brownies, Keto Brownies