Crunchy Vegan Sunflower Seed Cookies with added dairy-free chocolate chips and banana. These cookies are created to a plant-based and gluten-free recipe and they are simply delicious as a healthy alternative alongside a cup of tea!
- 100 g dairy-free spread
- 100 g coconut oil
- 1 mashed banana
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 130 ml plant milk
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 300 g jumbo oats
- 180 g sunflower seeds
- 60g plain gluten-free flour mix
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 50 g dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 175C (347F).
- Place the dairy-free spread and the coconut oil into a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer and whisk until creamed, then add in the mashed banana, golden caster sugar, salt, vanilla, and plant milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, jumbo oats, sunflower seeds, gluten-free flour, and cacao powder. Slowly add the mix into the wet mixture and stir it in. Use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Rest the cookie batter for 15 minutes. Use 2 teaspoons to portion the batter onto 2 lined baking trays. The mix should make about 20-24 cookies.
- Transfer the trays to the oven and bake at 175C (347F) for 25 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool completely before carefully removing them from the baking tray.
- Store the cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge and enjoy them alongside a delicious cuppa!
Feel free to replace the gluten-free flour in this recipe with a light plain flour, if you’re not gluten free.
Best store these cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge. You can also place them in freezer bags and keep them for up to 3 months.
Keywords: sunflower seed cookies, sunflower cookies, vegan gluten free cookies, vegan, healthy, sunflower, cookies