Delicious crispy sticky balsamic tofu - the addition you wish you had with every buddha bowl! Quick & easy to create with only a few simple ingredients. Enjoy!
- 180g extra firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fruit syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- Gently break the tofu apart with your hands into bite-size chunks. In the meantime heat, 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil in a medium-size pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp of cornstarch to a small bowl and toss the tofu chunks in the cornstarch until lightly covered. The flour will stick to the moisture of the tofu.
- Transfer the tofu to the hot pan and pan-fry until crispy on all sides. I like to use chopsticks to flip the tofu throughout the process.
- Whilst the tofu is in the pan, prepare the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a small jar.
- Once your tofu is crispy on all sides, gently pour the sauce over the top (& enjoy the sizzle!), reduce the heat to medium-low and remove the pan from the heat after about 30-60 seconds.
- Garnish with sesame seeds & serve immediately. Enjoy!
Keywords: tofu, how to cook tofu, crispy tofu recipe, how to make crispy tofu, sticky balsamic tofu, tofu sauce