Simple vegan Summer Rolls with that special Oumph! Served cold alongside a tangy satay dip – simply delicious!
- 6–8 rice papers (round or square)
- 1 pack of Pulled Oumph! + a little oil for frying
- 1/2 cucumber, julienne
- 1 carrot, grated or cut julienne
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 100g rice noodles, cooked
- a handful of fresh coriander
- sesame seeds (optional)
For the satay dip:
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1–2 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Start by cooking the Pulled Oumph in a non-stick frying pan with a little splash of oil. In the meantime, prepare all your vegetables and wash, peel and cut them to size where needed.
- Set up a little work station next to a sink or a large shallow bowl of water. Keep a cutting board in the middle and place your veg and cooked Oumph! Around so you have everything to hand.
- Begin by briefly wetting the first rice paper sheet. You can do this by briefly running it under tap water until the water has reached all corners or by dunking it into the shallow water bowl. Alternatively you can also generously brush the sheet with water on both sides. Place the wet sheet down on the cutting board.
- Start to pile up your fillings in the middle of the bottom half of the sheet. I like to start with some fresh coriander or avocado, then adding small amounts of each ingredient on top. Ensure not to overload it, or you will struggle to close your rolls. About 2 tablespoons of filling in total is about enough for each roll.
- To roll everything up, gently fold both sides of the rice paper towards the middle until they slightly overlap, then use both hands to carefully fold over the bottom and roll up the entire summer roll.
- Repeat until you’ve filled all your rice papers.
- To create the spicy satay dip, add all the dip ingredients to a small bowl and whisk them up until combined.
- Serve your summer rolls cold alongside the dip & sprinkled with sesame seeds (optional).
Keywords: vegan summer rolls, easy summer rolls, easy vegan summer rolls, vegan satay dip recipe