Super creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe – next level (vegan) comfort food! Created with only 5 simple ingredients. Perfect with vegan tortellini.
- 2 portions of pasta
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 250ml dairy-free cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh herbs to garnish (totally optional)
- Prepare your pasta according to the packaging instructions.
- In a large non-stick pan heat the sunflower oil and fry the chopped onion for 2 minutes until translucent. Add in the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Roughly chop up the sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the pan. Stir through the tomato paste, then reduce the heat to low and pour in the dairy-free cream.
- Stir the sauce until it’s a creamy red colour & allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper, then add in the pasta and stir to combine.
- Serve hot & garnish with fresh herbs, such as basil, thyme, rosemary or sage.
No cream? no problem! Add 1 Tbsp almond butter and 2 Tbsp dairy-free yoghurt instead, then add a few tablespoons of water until you can stir everything together into a sauce.
Also tastes great with a sprinkle of nooch (=nutritional yeast) on top!
Keywords: vegan pasta sauce, sundried tomato pasta sauce, sun-dried tomato pasta sauce, creamy vegan pasta sauce, creamy sun-dried tomato pasta sauce, vegan tortellini sauce