The perfect snack! These mini Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins are the most fantastic bite for an afternoon craving. They’re created with a cookie & date base and filled with a lemon-y vegan cheesecake made from cashew nuts.
- 250g vegan friendly cookies
- 5 medjool dates
- 200g fresh blueberries
For the cheesecake filling:
- 100g cashews, raw & soaked
- 2 tsp agar powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50ml maple syrup
- Soak the cashews for a minimum of 4 hrs. Alternatively, boil them on the stovetop for 20 minutes.
- Start by creating the cheesecake base: Place the vegan cookies into a food processor and process until the cookies are all crumbled up.
- Add the pitted medjool dates and process further until fully combined. You should end up with a sticky & thick texture. Divide the base mix into 6 muffin tins and firmly, but evenly press it against the bottom and sides of each muffin tin. Place everything in the fridge whilst you’re preparing the cheesecake filling.
- Place all ingredients for the cheesecake filling into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. This can take a couple of minutes on high speed. To get everything super smooth, ideally blend it for just over 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake bases from the muffin tin and fill them with the cheesecake filling.
- Decorate with the blueberries and place the cheesecake muffins in the fridge to set for an hour before serving.