Find the recipe for my all-time favourite comfort food dish below: Peanut Noodles!
Everyone who’s had them so far – be it family, friends or pretty much my entire office by now – has absolutely loved them and I regularly get messages from people asking for the recipe as they have some serious cravings for this dish.
My absolute number 1 favourite dish – and not just because I love peanut butter… and I managed to keep it a secret until now 😉 This dish is simply fantastic and it is also the best peanut sauce recipe that I have tried so far!
Of course you can replace a few ingredients if you don’t have them handy – for example, you could swap the udon noodles which I always use for some linguine. Also if you do not have Sriracha at home, simply use another hot sauce. The amount depends on how spicy you like your food to be of course and is down to trial and error – better start with a little, you can always add more hot sauce later, if you are one of that sort.
This delicious recipe is:
- Gluten free option (simply swap the pasta and use Tamari soy sauce)
- Super creamy
- perfect for lunch and dinner – or to share!
I have brought this dish to work a few times and maaaaan – my colleagues were jealous! They could all smell that awesome peanut sauce and everyone constantly asked me what I am eating there. Even Nick who normally hates peanut butter eats this dish (yes, I know you like it ;)) This recipe is perfect for cooking in bulk as it stays fresh in the fridge for a couple of days. So help yourself to doubling/tripling/etc the recipe.
Peanut Noodles – or also called: heaven on a plate! Scrumptiously creamy and deliciously addictive, perfect with veggies and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Made with smooth peanut butter, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil and more.
- 300g Udon Noodles or Linguine
- 1/2 large courgette, spiralized (or 1 small)
- 1 large carrot spiralized
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
For the sauce:
- 110g Peanut Butter
- 60ml soy sauce
- 60ml rice vinegar
- 1Tbsp sesame oil
- 2Tbsp Sriracha (optional)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 60ml water
1. Cook your Peanut noodles/pasta choice according to their packaging instructions.
2. Spiralize the carrot and courgette and cut the peppers into thin strips. Don’t worry if you don’t have a spiralizer – you can simply cut everything thinly, but a spiralizer will make it much quicker for you.
3. In a medium sized bowl combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, half of the toasted sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sugar and water and use a whisk to gently mix until the peanut butter breaks down and you get a smooth sauce.
4. Add the rest of the oil to a pan and add the carrot, courgette, and peppers and let them soften for about 5 minutes, then take it off the heat.
5. Add the pasta and sauce and combine well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve
This peanut noodles dish will taste best in combination with Udon Noodles (they’re my personal fave!) but you can also substitute for any other rice or wheat pasta that you have to hand.
Keywords: Peanut Noodles, peanut noodles recipe
Do you guys have any other recipes using peanut butter or peanut sauce? Please let me know in the comments section! I am always looking for new recipes to bring peanut butter into my life.
Looking for more delicious vegan dinner recipes (or lunch)? Make sure to check out my vegan recipe section!