These vegan wagon wheels are truly a next-level snack! Created with a gluten-free biscuit based on almond flour and filled with homemade raspberry chia jam and ready-made vegan marshmallows, wonderfully finished with a dairy-free chocolate layer – simply delicious!
For the raspberry chia jam:
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the chocolate coating:
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Making the raspberry chia jam: Place your frozen raspberries into a medium-sized saucepan over low heat and add a splash of water. Gently heat them until the raspberries are defrosted, then stir in the maple syrup. Once your raspberries are softened and have mostly broken down, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the chia seeds until well combined. Set the mix aside to cool down and give it a good stir after 10 minutes. After about 30 minutes, your chia jam should be ready to use.
- Almond flour biscuit layer: In the meantime, let’s work on the almond flour biscuit layers! Place the almond flour, Medjool dates, almond butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt into a food processor. Process until you get a sticky dough. All the dough into a ball and place the ball into the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Rolling out the biscuits: Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking parchment, use a small round cookie cutter to cut your cookie shapes. Repeatedly role of the excess dough to create more cookies, until the dough is used up. Place your cookies in the fridge for 1-hour to firm up.
- Preparing the marshmallows: To get your marshmallow layers, slice your marshmallows along the middle into discs of roughly 0.5 cm thickness.
- Assemble: Place a little chia jam onto your cookies and place the Marshmallow disc in between two cookies. Repeat until all your cookies or marshmallows are used up.
- Chocolate layer: In the meantime, melt the chocolate over a double boiler, and gently coat your wagon wheels.
- Storage: Place them in the fridge to set, and keep them in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: per wagon wheel
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 16.6
- Sodium: 13
- Fat: 8.6
- Saturated Fat: 2.4
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23.4
- Fiber: 3.1
- Protein: 3.4
- Cholesterol: 0.6
Keywords: vegan wagon wheels, vegan marshmallows, wagon wheels, healthy wagon wheels, gluten free wagon wheels, vegan