This vegan scrambled eggs recipe is perfect for those who don’t like tofu (or are avoiding soy products in general). It comes out wonderfully fluffy and tastes great on buttered toast, as a side or used in a vegan shakshuka!
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients: chickpea flour, kala namak, turmeric and black pepper. Gently stir with a fork to combine.
- Pour in the olive oil and water and whisk until smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, add a little oil and once hot, pour in the chickpea mix. Leave to rest in the pan for about 1 minute.
- Use a spatula to gently scramble the chickpea ‘egg’ and cook until your scrambles are firm and no longer wet.
- Serve on toast, as a side or in a delicious vegan shakshuka!
The Kala Namak is also known as ‘black salt’ – but don’t be. fooled, it’s not actually. black. It’s one of the key ingredients in this recipe to give these scrambled ‘eggs’ a wonderfully egg-y flavour.
Keywords: vegan scrambled eggs, vegan scramble, healthy breakfast scramble, healthy vegan breakfast scramble