Creamy vegan mushroom pasta – the perfect mid-week meal for pasta and mushroom lovers! There’s pasta recipe is ready in just a few minutes and uses only a few ingredients. Use vegan white wine and extra layer of flavour!
- 250 g tagliatelle
- 600 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- A handful of fresh sage, finely chopped
- 60 ml white wine
- 200 ml soya milk
- 2 tbsp flour (plain, all-purpose)
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Prep the tagliatelle according to packaging instructions.
- Place the sliced mushrooms into a large skillet and cook on high heat for 10 minutes until they’ve released all their liquid.’ add the onions and fry until softened, then add the crushed garlic and fresh sage.
- Pour in the white wine and cook it off for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour then stir in the soya milk. Heat for a few minutes until the sauce thickens, then remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
This pasta recipe is best enjoyed right away, but you could also transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for after three days.
Brown chestnut mushrooms are the best kind of mushrooms to use for this recipe, you can however also use white button mushrooms if you don’t have access to chestnut mushrooms. The flavour of the recipe will be slightly different, but still delicious!
Frying your mushrooms, make sure not to add any oil to the pan and keep it dry instead. This will force the mushrooms to release their moisture quicker and ensures that they get delicious and caramelised around the edges.
Keywords: Vegan mushroom pasta, mushroom pasta, vegan pasta, mushroom tagliatelle, vegan tagliatelle recipe, vegan pasta recipe, vegan mid week dinner, easy vegan dinner