- 1 tbsp organic tomato ketchup
- 1 can of black beans, drained (400g, 240g drained weight)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- a handful fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- a little oil to fry
- roughly 210g spaghetti, cooked
- a jar of your favourite vegan tomato pasta sauce
- caramelised red onion (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients for the black bean balls into a food processor and process until roughly combined, but don’t overmix.
- Using your hands, form little round balls from the mixture and lay them onto a plate. Place them in the fridge for 20 minutes and preheat your oil in a non-stick frying pan in the meantime.
- Fry your bean balls until golden on all sides.
- Prepare your spaghetti according to packaging instructions and serve them with your favourite pasta sauce & the black bean balls.
You can freeze the bean balls for later use right after shaping them. Best place them on a plate in the freezer to individually freeze, then transfer to a freezer bag once frozen.
These vegan bean balls are delicious alongside spaghetti and other pasta, but also great served alongside potatoes with a delicious mushroom gravy (yum!).
Keywords: black bean balls, vegan meatballs, vegan spaghetti meatballs, vegan black bean balls, vegan dinner recipes, easy vegan dinner