This delicious & Spicy Swede Soup with Ginger is a perfect mid-week dinner! Quick and easy to make and a great way to get those healthy veg in.
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- a little olive oil
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 medium white potatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large swede
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 600–800ml water
- salt/pepper to taste
- dairy-free yogurt
- chilli flakes
- To a large saucepan over medium heat, add a little olive oil. Roughly chop the onion and garlic and add then to the pan.
- Peel the potatoes, carrots and swede and cube them. Chop up the celery and add the veg to the saucepan.
- Peel and roughly cut up the piece of ginger and add to the saucepan alongside the vegetable stock cubes and water. Cook everything for about 20 minutes or until all the veg are softened.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend for 3-4 minutes or until smooth. Keep the soup warm in the stove until ready to serve.
- Serve with dairy-free yogurt & chilli flakes (+ optional chilli tempeh chunks or croutons).
If you’re missing any one of the veg ingredients, simply replace the amount with one of the other veg used in the recipe.
Love it extra spicy? Add chilli flakes before blending the soup OR a spritz of sriracha sauce.
Keywords: swede soup, vegan soup recipe, vegan swede recipe, swede recipes, ginger soup, spicy swede soup