Craving a bowl of warm comfort on a chilly evening? This healthy Coconut Curry Soup will surely warm you up from the inside out! This soup recipe is a vegan wonder loaded with tantalizing flavors and a dash of fruity goodness. Bursting with vibrant aromas and a creamy texture, this easy-to-make soup is not just a bowl of heartwarming goodness but also a ticket to one of your five-a-day!
This recipe uses fresh ginger, wholesome spices such as garam masala and curry powder, vegan white wine for an extra depth of flavor and freshly squeezed orange juice for a tangy sweetness brimming with vitamins.
Trust me, every simmer and blend of these fresh ingredients transform into a velvety, aromatic delight that's perfect for any occasion. A warming hot soup on a cold winter's night... I know I wouldn't say no to that! And this delicious Healthy Coconut Curry Soup is just perfect for one of those eves.
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan, and therefore also dairy-free
- hearty and warming with a delicious fruity twist
- naturally gluten free
- packed with flavor and simply delicious
- easy to make at home
- made with healthy, fresh ingredients
- loaded with vitamins
- smooth and creamy
- a wonderful starter for a festive meal, such as Christmas dinner
The idea for this soup actually goes back to my uncle Andreas, who made this vegan soup as a Christmas starter a few years ago. I've simply adapted his recipe to include more fresh ingredients that are widely available, as he used store-bought orange juice, curry paste, and powdered ginger and garlic in his version.
The combination of orange juice and curry has definitely left a mark in my memory, and I am therefore so excited to share this tasty recipe with you guys! Heating the fresh orange juice might break down some of the Vitamin C content, so I would recommend adding half the orange juice during the cooking process and adding the other half to the soup upon serving.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- vegan white wine (optional)
- orange juice
- vegetable stock
- coconut milk
- garam masala
- curry leaves
In comparison to the original dish I have also not added any sweeteners to this dish - the natural sweetness of the orange juice is more than enough to give this recipe a deliciously sweet & tangy flavor. No need for the extra sugar at all!
Going through the ingredient list for the recipe, you might spot that I have used vegan white wine in this dish. If you prefer creating it without the wine, then simply replace it with a good dash of water.
The heat whilst cooking, however, eliminates any alcohol in the wine, so it's simply used for flavor enhancement in this dish. If you're unsure if your wine is vegan, I would recommend checking Barnivore.
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!
Healthy Coconut Curry Soup
- 1 large saucepan
- 1 blender
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 2 whole cloves
- 500 g carrots peeled and sliced
- 60 ml vegan-friendly white wine optional
- 100 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced or grated
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 curry leaves
- roasted onion and pumpkin seeds for the topping optional
- Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a large saucepan alongside the diced onion and minced garlic cloves and cook until the onion becomes translucent & aromatic.
- Add the cloves & carrot and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Then deglaze the pan with the splash of white wine. If you're creating this recipe without the white wine, simply use a good splash of water to deglaze.
- Pour in the fresh orange juice and vegetable stock, then add a lid to the saucepan and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Mix in the coconut milk, then add the freshly minced ginger, garam masala and curry leaves and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Once the cooking time elapses, carefully remove the cloves and curry leaves.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend on high-speed until smooth. Alternatively you can also use a stick blender.
- Serve and top with roasted onions and pumpkin seeds and enjoy with a glass of refreshing Appletiser!
Looking for more soup recipes?
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without permission. If you wish to re-publish any recipes or images, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!