Flavourful vegan pumpkin linguine recipe – created with a creamy pumpkin and ale sauce and served with capers and parsley.
- 500 g Italian linguine (made from durum wheat)
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml vegan-friendly ale
- 4 tbsp capers
- 6 tbsp pumpkin puree (find out how to create your own here!)
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp dried parsley (you can use fresh if you have, simply chop it very finely!)
- salt & pepper to taste
- a little nutritional yeast to serve (optional)
- If you don’t have any pumpkin puree at home and want to make your own, then simply start with the steps on ‘How to make your own pumpkin puree‘.
- Cook the linguine according to package instructions.
- Finely chop the onion and add it to a large frying pan alongside the olive oil. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Pour in the Ale & add the pumpkin puree, then give everything a good stir. Add in the vegetable stock and then let everything simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes to reduce & thicken the sauce
- Once the sauce has reached your desired consistency, add the capers and dried parsley, and then stir in the cooked linguine.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper, add a little nutritional yeast on top, if you’re feeling fancy, and you’re ready to go!
Keywords: Pumpkin linguine, Pumpkin linguine Recipe, Vegan Pumpkin linguine, pumpkin pasta with capers, pumpkin pasta, pumpkin noodles, vegan pumpkin recipes