Vegan Bolognese Sauce Recipe (with vegan mince) - This classic Italian dish is just the perfect amount of 'Meaty' and delicious, made with store-bought vegan mince and a delicious homemade tomato sauce.
- Yellow onion
- Stalks of celery
- Olive oil
- Naturli minced
- Basil (fresh if you have some but dried is fine!)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Lemon zest
- Sweetener (I used agave, but can be replaced with anything sweet)
Cooking this flavoursome Vegan Bolognese Sauce Recipe with vegan mince
To start with, chop up your carrots, courgette, onion and celery into bitesize chunks. Of course, if you don't want anything to be chunky, like onions, then you can chop them more finely - however you prefer.
Next, get a pot of water boiling and start cooking the spaghetti according to the packet instructions and you can get started on the pasta sauce while you're waiting.
How to make vegan Bolognese sauce
To make a start with the sauce, you'll want to add your olive oil to a large pan along with the onion and cook on medium heat. Cook the onion until it starts to go translucent, then throw your other chopped veg and fry it all together for about 5 minutes.
Next, add your pack of Naturli Mince and break it up with a spoon. Fry the mince for about 5 minutes, with the other ingredients, and stir regularly to ensure it doesn't burn. After that, turn the heat down and add your spices.
For the next step, pour in your passata and give it a good stir. If the mince comes out dry, add a little water to the mix before adding your lemon zest and sweetener to the pan and continue to mix it all together.
Now that the base of your Bolognese sauce is ready, leave it to cook—with the lid on—for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. While you're waiting, your spaghetti should be cooked.
Serving your spaghetti Bolognese
Assemble your pasta and sauce onto a plate or into a bowl and voila! I love to add a splash of olive oil and a lot of nutritional yeast for a finishing touch, but that's all up to you!
Extra Tip: The Bolognese also freezes very well - simply let it cool down & transfer it to a freezer-safe container. It should be freezing fine for 3-6 months, though I have to admit that it’s never lasted that long in my own freezer 😉
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- egg free
- dairy free
- super tasty
- really easy to make
- an all-time favourite
You might also enjoy these recipes:
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!Print
Vegan Bolognese Sauce - This classic Italian dish is just the perfect amount of 'Meaty' and delicious, made with store-bought vegan mince and a flavoursome, homemade tomato sauce.
- 500g spaghetti
- 2 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful of spinach
- 500ml passata
- 1 pack of Naturli minced
- 2 tsp dried basil (or fresh if you have!)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp sweetener (I used agave, but can be replaced with anything else sweet)
- Start by chopping the carrots, courgette, onion and celery into bitesize chunks. If you’re not a fan of chunky onion in your Bolognese, you can of course finely chop it instead.
- Cook the spaghetti according to packaging instructions and start on the sauce in the meantime: add the olive oil alongside the onion to a large pan on medium to high heat and fry until the onion starts to become translucent. At this point add the celery, courgette and carrot and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pack of Naturli Mince and break it down with a spoon. Fry it for about 5 minutes together with the veggies, stir regularly so it doesn’t burn, then reduce the heat to medium and add the spices.
- Pour in the passata, then stir well. If the mince comes out a little dry, simply add a little water to the mix. Add the lemon zest & sweetener and combine well.
- Cook for about 20 mins on low heat with the lid on the pan and stir occasionally. In the meantime your spaghetti should be cooked.
- Assemble on your pasta plate! I personally love adding a little olive oil & some mighty nutritional yeast for a final touch!
- Enjoy and watch the happy faces around the dinner table!
- Serving Size: 6 serving
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Sodium: 119.6mg
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated Fat: Fat 0.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: Fat 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 64.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 12.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe, Vegan Bolognese Sauce Recipe (with vegan mince), meaty bolognese recipe, vegan bolognese
Interested in seeing some more tasty pasta dishes? Check out some of my favourites below:
- Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Recipe
- One Pot Coconut Curry Pasta Recipe
- Vegan Seafood Pasta Recipe
- Vegan Carbonara with Smoky Chickpeas
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without permission. If you wish to re-publish any recipes or images, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!