Healthy Coconut & Orange Soup Recipe – deliciously tangy and including 1 of your 5 a day!
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cloves
- 500g carrots, cut into slices
- 1 splash of vegan white wine (optional)
- Juice of 2 freshly pressed oranges
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 Curry Leaves
- Roasted Onions & Pumpkin Seeds for topping (optional)
- Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a large saucepan alongside the diced onion and minced garlic cloves and cook until the onion becomes translucent & aromatic.
- Add the cloves & carrot and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Then deglaze the pan with the splash of white wine. If you’re creating this recipe without the white wine, simply use a good splash of water to deglaze.
- Pour in the fresh orange juice and vegetable stock, then add a lid to the saucepan and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Mix in the coconut milk, then add the freshly minced ginger, garam masala and curry leaves and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Once the cooking time elapses, carefully remove the cloves and curry leaves.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend on high-speed until smooth. Alternatively you can also use a stick blender.
- Serve and top with roasted onions and pumpkin seeds and enjoy with a glass of refreshing Appletiser!
Keywords: Vegan Coconut Curry Soup, Vegan Soup, Vegan Soup Recipes, Vegan Curry Soup