Green Basil Pasta with Spinach - this easy pasta dish is a perfect and delicious mid-week dinner that's healthy and filling
- 200 g whole wheat spaghetti
- 100 g green beans
- a handful of rocket salad
- 1 Tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
For the pesto:
- 30 g fresh basil
- 30 g spinach
- 2 tbsp mixed nuts (Walnuts and Pecans taste best here!)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp linseeds
- Cook your spaghetti according to the packaging instructions.
- After 5 minutes in boiling water, add the green beans to the pasta water and cook them for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the water, but keep 1 cup of the pasta water (we will need this later!)
- Add all pesto ingredients to a blender or small food processor and blend until a smooth paste develops.
- Mix pasta, pesto and the pasta water well until everything is well combined.
- Toss the rocket salad with a little Balsamic Vinegar and oil and use them as a topping for your pasta dish.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
Keywords: Pasta, vegan pasta, basi pasta,