Green Basil Pasta with Spinach - this easy pasta dish is a perfect and delicious mid-week dinner that's healthy and filling!
Vegan Basil Pasta with Spinach
One of those days that you need quick and easy magic happening in the kitchen - perfect for this super easy Green Basil Pasta with Spinach recipe.
All you need to do is cook pasta, blend the rest of the ingredients and combine - voila! Also perfect for a quick meal-prep on a Sunday evening or when you are simply craving some good old pasta.
Does anyone else love green pesto as much as I do? I believe during our teenage years, pasta & pesto was the go-to recipe for me and my best friend. We often quickly got these together whilst sitting over our homework (yes, we totally did all our homework, we were such good students 😉)
My love for pesto has continued into adulthood and I have to admit I could never get away from that green pesto completely. So many other flavors of pesto do exist, but my number 1 will always be basil.
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- Green Beans
- Rocket (or arugula for our friends in the US!)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the vegan basil pesto:
- Fresh Basil
- Spinach leaves
- Mixed Nuts (Walnuts and Pecans taste best here!)
- Olive Oil
- Food processor
Cooking your pasta
To start off, boil a pot of water and cook your spaghetti according to the instruction on the packet. After 5 minutes or so, add the green beans to the pot of spaghetti and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Once the pasta is ready, drain the water but be sure to keep at least 1 cup of the pasta water - you'll need this later!
How to make vegan pesto sauce
Making vegan-friendly pesto is surprisingly easy, trust me. All you have to do is add all your pesto ingredients to a food processor and blend everything together until you're left with a deliciously smooth pesto paste.
Making your vegan pesto pasta dish
Now, combine your pesto, pasta and pasta water until everything is mixed together. Then toss your rocket salad in a bowl with a splash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil and use this as a topping for your dish.
Season your dish with salt and pepper to your liking and you're ready to eat - enjoy!
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- dairy free
- egg free
- deliciously nutty
- perfect for a leftovers lunch
- easy to make
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!Print
Green Basil Pasta with Spinach - this easy pasta dish is a perfect and delicious mid-week dinner that's healthy and filling
- 200 g whole wheat spaghetti
- 100 g green beans
- a handful of rocket salad
- 1 Tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
For the pesto:
- 30 g fresh basil
- 30 g spinach
- 2 tbsp mixed nuts (Walnuts and Pecans taste best here!)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp linseeds
- Cook your spaghetti according to the packaging instructions.
- After 5 minutes in boiling water, add the green beans to the pasta water and cook them for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the water, but keep 1 cup of the pasta water (we will need this later!)
- Add all pesto ingredients to a blender or small food processor and blend until a smooth paste develops.
- Mix pasta, pesto and the pasta water well until everything is well combined.
- Toss the rocket salad with a little Balsamic Vinegar and oil and use them as a topping for your pasta dish.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
Keywords: Pasta, vegan pasta, basi pasta,
Looking for more delicious vegan pasta recipes? Here are some more of my favorites!
- Vegan Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe | Spag ‘n’ Cheese
- Vegan Seafood Pasta Recipe
- Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Recipe
- Tofu Parmigiana Recipe
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without permission. If you wish to re-publish any recipes or images, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!